Those evil ****ers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those evil ****ers!!

Why the hell is the Word ****ers banned?

W-a-n-k-e-r-s

Eh I never thought of ****ers to be such a bad word (kinda like slackers)..... :P

Comment

I beleive someone complained about the censoring of **** (as the short form of Richard) again, comparing it to the non-censoring of w-a-n-k, when Markos was in one of his playful moods.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Damn, naughty asterisks, I'm so offended

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

i like the ******..this way my imagination canrun wild
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

i've heard the word used on "married with children", i think it must either have a different meaning in america or just be less offensive over there,as it would not be used in a similar british show, and if anything, mainstream british progamme makers seem to get a way with more bad languauge the america ones

Comment

"American Vice-President, **** Cheney"

"Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Old complaint. Even ***** is banned.
                (+1)

Comment

I can't understand why ****gy is banned
                  In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                  In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

erm....

That Wan-kgy?
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I mean S h a ggy, from Scooby Doo... ( or the "musician" )
                      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Some of the words censored on Apolyton may be coupled with other letters to form different words of an entirely different meaning as has been clearly demonstrated in this thread.

Unfortunately, the censor is not intelligent enough to set it up so that it does not "wildcard" necessarily all variations of a particular combination of letters. Because of this, should you wish to use a combo of words that would otherwise be censored to get across a meaning for which the censor was not intended that please have a blank space or a "-" between the characters.

We realize that this system is not the most convenient but it is workable. Given the wide variety of age groups that visit this site and enjoy the <I>Civilization</I> series and its extende family, we feel that it is important to keep the censors in place as they are. We appreciate your understanding and co-operation in this matter.

-----------------
                        Dan; Apolyton CS
                        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                        X