Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to vote in polls

Every time I try to vote in a poll, I get the error message:

The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.

Clicking on the below link invariably gives me the same error back again. Does anyone know what's going on?
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Browser? Cookie status?
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

banned?
      (+1)

Comment

Browser - IE 6.
        Cookies - enabled, and set to full use on the poly site.

Banned - how did I post this question?
        The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
        Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
        All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.

Comment

Any poll or a particular one?
          Last edited by Dauphin; November 26, 2001, 13:00.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Could be related to having more than one window logged on at Apolyton?
            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

No, tnat does not seem to be a problem. I just logged on to a poll in two different windows, and was able to vote in the 2nd window while the first was open.
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Any poll, only one window. If itmakes any difference, I'm accessing the net through a University network.

Comment

Yeah, I have exactly the same problem on this computer. Strange as it applies to either of my dial up connections on the same computer, and the operating system has been upgraded quite recently on this thing. But at work, there is no problem posting on the computers there, which seems quite irregular
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Perhaps it is an activeX setting in the browser?

Comment

I have similar troubles. It appears I can vote, but my vote does not appear, and neither do the results, until I have completely left the thread, and re-read it later
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

That last sound like something with:
                        Tools: Internet Options: general: temporary internet files: settings

Where you set the conditions under which it searches for a newer version of the page.

Comment

Lefty, my setting at that location is "Check for newer versions of page" at "automatic". I have the same problem as IW. What should I change it to, then?
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

"Automatically" is my setting as well; the problem must lie eslewhere.

Comment

i have no issues with this...check your settings
                              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X