No announcement yet.

Empire Earth is superior to Civ3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, yin, but I don't see why I need to get a crack just to make the game work...there won't be a patch because it's part of their CD copy protection.

I'd like to play the game, but then again I don't need it so much that I'm going to hang onto a dud on the off chance that an unsupported crack comes out in the near future.

Comment

There's another method.

If you have access to one of those "virtual CD" programs, you can copy the entire contents of the CD to your HDD and fool your computer to think part of the HDD is a CD-ROM drive.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        There's another method.

If you have access to one of those "virtual CD" programs, you can copy the entire contents of the CD to your HDD and fool your computer to think part of the HDD is a CD-ROM drive.

All that will do is ensure that he has to use a crack to get around the copyright protection.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Realism? You must be jesting.

If you think TBS'es are unrealistic, you can forget about RTS. In real life time taken to build structures is measured in years, not months, let alone days. You don't "build" units, you must recruit them from the population and train them. People have minds of their own and they are not mere drones/peons/whatever.

Ever play 7kingdoms? You dont build units, you pull workers out of your village, send them to a barracks that has a general, and he "trains" them. The longer he trains them the better they fight. And if the villagers are unhappy (trade makes them more happy, drafting them as soldiers makes them unhappy, being ruled by foreigners makes them unhappy, etc) they rebel. In real time. And no, your units dont disappear, they get attacked by the rebelling villagers.

There is no reason in principle why most of the issues addressed in a TBS cant be addressed in an RTS, though such an RTS will obviouly not appeal to the mass of RTS players. There are real issues with the ability to strategize in real time - but to say there is not strategizing in an RTS is absurd.

I certainly expect Brians upcoming RTS to be very heavy in strategy, and no C&C clone.

LOTM
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
          X