Empire Earth is superior to Civ3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire Earth is superior to Civ3

Now, before anyone says it, Yes, EE is RTS and Civ3 is Turn based. however, if given a choice between the two, i'd buy empire earth. Why you ask?

Scenario editors:
    Civ3-lacks one.
    Empire earth- has one, and actually lets you use the government's online elevation maps to make maps. Therefore, you don't have to spend hours making them geographically precise.

Civilization creation-
    Civ3- see above.
    Empire Earth- The ability to give your civilization bonuses, something AC had but Civ3 lacks. Ccan give special units from a vast array of units normally not available.

Gameplay:
    Civ3- ridiculous technological problems, endgame monotony.
    EE-It has that same disbalance,but only to a point. IF you upgrade units, they'll mop the floor with anything from the same era, nevermind a different one. Endgame has hundreds of units, nuclear bombers, cruise missile launching subs (which can DESTROY units). Airpower here can destroy units, but planes are very expensive and ack ack will shoot them down.

Graphics
    Civ3- this isn't even fair
    EE- great.

Technology
    Civ3- lots of ones with little real effect.
    EE- obvious bonuses. In addition, It goes to nanotech, so we get the giant mechs I was led to believe civ3 had.

Overall: Empire Earth is far superior to Civ3. Sorry Firaxis, but it appears that you're no longer the best game company I know of.

Now, before anyone says it, Yes, EE is RTS and Civ3 is Turn based. however, if given a choice between the two, i'd buy empire earth.
    Now, before anyone says it, Yes, Baldurs Gate is RPG and Civ3 is a wargame. however, if given a choice between the two, i'd buy Baldur's Gate.

[And so on for anybody else's preferred game. See what I'm getting at?]

Comment

Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

It's not about the details and features.....it's about "The Civ Experience"!

And shouldn't this be in Other Games...?

Comment

Given the choice of buying apples or oranges I would buy the oranges (tbs) instead of the apples( rts), simply because I like oranges (tbs) better than apples (rts). Get it?
          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

I own and play both EE and CivIII- I guess this discussion is irrelevant to me.

Comment

Anunikoba, since you have both what is your opinion? Which game is worth the money?
              It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

If everyone loves the same thing then the world would be very boring and everyone would have the same name.

Comment

Doesn't seem like a fair comparision to me

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

TBS is the best, but that is just my humble opinion ....

I dread the day civ 4 or 5 becomes a RTS !!!!
                    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

If given a choice between buying Civ3 and EE, I've already made it. (although somebody got civ3 for me 'cause I was broke)

If I had both, I would play Civ3 because it attracts my brain cells. if my brain went on the fritz, I would play EE to amuse myself until my brain came back. See my column #138: "TBS, the thinking persons game"

Do I really need to say more?
                      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Originally posted by Father Beast
                        Do I really need to say more?
                        no
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

RTS is just a clickathon
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                            RTS is just a clickathon
                            I'll second that, I just gave empire earth a try - good game, the only thing holding it back is that it's a RTS. There's really no strategy involved, it's all about who makes the biggest army the quickest.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

RTS generally boils down to a detailed analysis of which unit gves you the most power per unit cost.

The rest of it is just how fast can you make that unit.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X