Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does having multiple windows open affect the # of guests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does having multiple windows open affect the # of guests?

I had one open to civ3 straegy and one open for off-topic. I get the server busy message about the number of guests being exceeded. So I close 1 window, and then hit post reply again and it works!!

If it does slow things down, I will refrain from using multiple windows during busy times.

Just one window opened?
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Re: Does having multiple windows open affect the # of guests?

no
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

How is it calculated? Number of requests from independent IP addresses?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
          How is it calculated? Number of requests from independent IP addresses?
          by number of active sessions. when you load a forum page and begin browsing the forums, you're given a session number. if you have chosen to not use cookies while you browse the forums, you can see your session number on the url(the number after "s=")
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
          X