Message to Mark Ganassin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message to Mark Ganassin

I posted earlier today concerning possible consumer protest actions against infogrames and Firaxis for releasing a substandard product. This post was under the title, "How do we punish Firaxis?"

I was very surprised today to see that the moderator and part-owner of this website, Mark, had closed this thread in response to Kaak's sarcastic remark about pirating the CD.

I believe, however, that the *real* reason behind closing the thread was to silence the protest that was mounting in these forums. Apolyton's viability - and profitability - as a website depends very much on the success of civ 3. The more popular Civ 3, the greater the value of the website. It's as simple as that.

So Mark, as for your cunning shut down of my thread on grounds that it promotes "illegal activity," I say shame on you. Kaak's comments were a sarcastic jab, nothing more than that, and your actions fuelled by self-interest. It's a sham, just like civ 3.
    Last edited by Spartan_RawB; November 20, 2001, 19:07.

Mark Ganassin?

His name is Markos Giannopoulos...
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Any credibility you had just went bye-bye.

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Comment

Re: Message to MarkG

Originally posted by Spartan_RawB
        I believe, however, that the *real* reason behind closing the thread was to silence the protest that was mounting in these forums. Apolyton's viability - and profitability - as a website depends very much on the success of civ 3. The more popular Civ 3, the greater the value of the website. It's as simple as that.

Conspiracy! The maybe 100 people max revolting against Civ3 is going to destroy Apolyton and therefore must be stopped at all costs!!!

Mark Gnassin hurry and close this thread too before it gets out of hand!!!

Comment

Touche!

Well you see, Ganassin is actually MarkG's evil twin brother. I meant to address my post to the "evil" one as a satirical jab to imply that:

1) MarkG is, really, a good character on the inside
          2) But money and site valuation sometimes gets the better of him that he rather opts to silence critics than respect the freedom of expression.

It's kind of like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, you see.

However, I do recognize that my intentions could easily be misinterpreted, hence I changed the title.

Comment

Lawsuits aren't funny. Sites that advocate piracy get sued. Lawyers aren't paid for their sense of humor. No one is ever "Just kidding," to a lawyer. Lastly, if you got the name wrong, just fess up.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

You don´t believe this thread will survive, do you?
              Blah

Comment

"jokes" advocating piracy are not allowed here

and in case you havent noticed, a thread titled "boycott civ3" has remained open for several days now....
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Hey Mark I'm glad you left the boycott thread open - I bought the game btw

I don't think it hurts your business to allow criticism to be aired - quite the contrary. I think game makers respect sites which are critical of their products.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                  X