Problems from time jumps permanently solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems from time jumps permanently solved

Unless i have made some mistake or didnt change everything i should, we wont face any problems with time jumps any more

That is, even if the server clock gets ahead 10 hours we wont notice a thing in the display order of threads since the order is set by the post id numbers and not post dates....
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Good idea, Markos. What about the "locked out by flood control issue"? Will this fix that?

Comment

we have had flood control disabled for some time now and since we didnt have any incidents it will remain this way
      Last edited by MarkG; November 15, 2001, 07:46.

Comment

That's great news

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          we have had flood control disabled for some time now and since we didnt have any incidents it will remain this way

What causes the server clock to jump like that? It seems highly irregular...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

hadn't you noticed the flood control disabling before, PH?

Comment

Cool. Seems to be the right move. There is an infrequent DP, but most people edit them out. And it is much more convenient when you're using multiple windows and reply quickly to two seperate threads.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                Cool. Seems to be the right move. There is an infrequent DP, but most people edit them out. And it is much more convenient when you're using multiple windows and reply quickly to two seperate threads.
                I agree. It has proved to be quite useful for me as well, in no spammy way though

Comment

Re: Problems from time jumps permanently solved

Unless i have made some mistake or didnt change everything i should, we wont face any problems with time jumps any more

That is, even if the server clock gets ahead 10 hours we wont notice a thing in the display order of threads since the order is set by the post id numbers and not post dates....
                  So, who will be the first one to complain about that an earlier post is after a newer?
                  Place your bets now. Wait until next time jump and see.
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Does this change apply for earlier time jumps as well?
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                      Does this change apply for earlier time jumps as well?
                      yes, threads who used to have problems now dont

Comment

But what about all our references to the time warp? Or little games that were played?

Comment

Just wondering why would the clock on the server jump back and forth though? Was there some errant technician?
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Maybe we could form a committee of computer geeks to support/audit/instruct the GS people?

Comment

Working...
                            X