help explain the red and yellow folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help explain the red and yellow folders

1. What is the purpose of the red and yellow folders.

2. How do they really work (and does that match purpose)?

3. Why do I sometimes have red folders that I've been in (with n o updated post) and yellow folders (that hhave new posts, when I haven't been in the folder?)

1. Red folders mean new, unread posts. Yellow means that you've either read it or it's old.

2. Don't know.

3. I've seen this too-- what's up with that?
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Re: help explain the red and yellow folders

Originally posted by GP
      1. What is the purpose of the red and yellow folders.
      red folder: new posts since your last visit.
      yellow posts, no new posts since your last visit, or new posts since your last visit, but then you read them, and directly reloaded the forum front page.
      2. How do they really work (and does that match purpose)?
      Cookies
      3. Why do I sometimes have red folders that I've been in (with n o updated post) and yellow folders (that have new posts, when I haven't been in the folder?)
      a) because you didn't reload the page, you clicked back or something -or- because you visited another forum (eg. read OT, go to Civ2 general, back to OT). I'm not sure on the details of this.
      b) er... I never get this. Maybe because they had posts added to them after you read them, but you were still browsing other Poly forums, so that still counts as within the time of your last visit.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Red folders mean naughty threads, yellow folders mean nice threads.
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

From a functional/ergonomic point of view, they don't work right. Seems like a while ago somebody had a coding way to solve this. Maybe it would fit in nice with Mark's recent changes to the server post time ordering...

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
            Red folders mean naughty threads, yellow folders mean nice threads.
            So...this is a naughty thread...

Comment

The red folders mean that the thread has new posts in it since you last visited Apolyton.
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

It's not functionally ergonimic. I see wierd things from opening multipel windows.

And it doesn't work exactly like that. Sometimes by reading the thread, it's turn it yellow. Other times not...

Comment

and what is this?

that "dot" what it means?
                  Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
                  f**k the f****n f*****s!
                  I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
                  let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

it means that you posted in that thread
                    In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                    In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Originally posted by Assur
                      it means that you posted in that thread
                      nice

thanks
                      Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
                      f**k the f****n f*****s!
                      I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
                      let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                        Sometimes by reading the thread, it's turn it yellow. Other times not...
                        If you return to the forum idex page by using the back button, you go the version before you read the thread. If fo to it by link or you refresh it, you get the current version, with the folder yellow.
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Still, doesn't seem to always work. Sometimes they stay red after I've been in them and refresh...

We should get the Civ2strat boys to do some testing...

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                            Still, doesn't seem to always work. Sometimes they stay red after I've been in them and refresh...
                            Perhaps it has something to do with the settings of your browser...

Comment

Working...
                            X