Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somethings up with the Posting in OT...I blame the Freemasons. Mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somethings up with the Posting in OT...I blame the Freemasons. Mods?

When one posts, his post appears Before the last post you saw, alotugh on the forum board you are listed as the last poster.

Hello? Mods?
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Old story. Forum clocks get set forward ~3 hours, then reset at proper time. It's iron itself out in about 15 more minutes.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

"I blame the Freemasons"

Duly noted, and referred to the committee on public relations, of the Grand Lodge of Texas, A F & A M. It is not far from Waco to College Station, Lonestar, and check thoses masonic rings on many of the Administration there.
      Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; November 14, 2001, 10:10.
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Lonestar- it happens often

---
        As a side note: good work Mark and dan, the forums haven't overloaded at over 500 users- AND the OT is open
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
          Old story. Forum clocks get set forward ~3 hours, then reset at proper time. It's iron itself out in about 15 more minutes.
          Don't you mean back three hours? The post time seems earlier than the real time it was posted. Hence the Poly clock is three hours behind.

Or am I just reading it from the recipricol point of view.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Nope. Recently it's been 2 hrs. forward. The problem comes when the clocks are reset to normal time.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
              Nope. Recently it's been 2 hrs. forward. The problem comes when the clocks are reset to normal time.
              OK, but it used to be three hours back didn't it? I've never had a post "clocked in" before the "actual" time that I posted it. Although I have had posts clocked in as being three hours old immediately after posting.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

What is the problem exactly? Does it affect post order or just the time Apolyton claims a certain post was made?

I think it's some sort of scheme by OT posters to make their comments on the Afghan situation look brilliant by altering the posting times to before the Northern alliance took Kabul.

Comment

If you post jsut before the clock sets backwards, you will be flood controled until the clock get back to the time recored on your post.
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch

OK, but it used to be three hours back didn't it?
                    Yup.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                    X