Traffic peaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic peaks

Traffic has started peaking well over 800 and seems like it could get to 1000. http://www.apolyton.net/about/

I urege Dan and Mark to be pro-active and think about accomodation options ahead of time. (not purely reactive.)

Ah...
    Thats more like it:Only 32 people on the boards- Can you keep it like that please?

JimMac

(Glad I missed that 936 crush)

Comment

936 and the game is not out in Europe yet... I guss that my first prediction about 1000 users witin a week of Civ III release was a bit too early. But if the servers could stand it that would have been it.

I just don't know is it good or bad

we seem to have had a small crash today anyway. Form over 700 to 250 users within an hour or two?
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

We are well aware of the traffic peak numbers.

<I>I urege Dan and Mark to be pro-active and think about accomodation options ahead of time. (not purely reactive.)</I>

We are already doing this and some of these measures have already been implemented and discussed. I will say again, without a long dissertation, that we have never been "purely reactive" in regards to forum accomodations -- we have always been pro-active. All I will say additionally is that sometimes even being pro-active is not enough and you learn by trial and error.

---------------
        Dan; Apolyton CS
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
        X