Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some more features that should be disabled...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say separate the changing parts of webpages from unchanging parts (e.g. CSS, JavaScript). That probably won't help CPU loading much, though it does cut down on bandwidth usage.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yezzz...away with the thread ratings...

They just look stupid and unnecessary in Light style...I'd rather have "Last poster" than "Thread Rating" in Light style...

Comment

GP- apolyton has already disab led the cursing factor
        no more t1t-for-tats here
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I agree with both.

Markos, How can any one stand the e-mail notification thingy?

I had it on for 4 days and it spammed my e-mail with dozens of letters per day!

Comment

Thread ratings are useless. They might represent the opinion of 1 person. Unless you have a sufficient sample size, they are statistically insignificant. And just what is the basis that you would rate a thread? I just don't get these thread ratings.
            "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
            --

Comment

test-

titantic

was that censored?
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I like the e-mail notification, particullary for story threads in the AC-Fiction forum. I also liked them because I was on a spiffy net connection via my university that meant I could be online 100% of the day (and night) and e-mail notifications meant I could reply within minutes of a post. Essential for spam threads which can move along at a pace of about 30 posts in as many minutes...

On second thoughts, prehaps it would be a good idea to disable automatic thread notification, and only have the ability to manually specify a thread to get updates from.

I concur that ratings are a load of dogpile. For a start they only work when the ratings are made seriously (to illustrate my point I'll rate this thread a 1)... and... maybe a second point isn't needed, but I think #views and #posts gives a fairly good indication of how popular a thread is... altough a thread could be good, but not popular, but everyones definition of 'good' is different, so in the end it still achieves nothing...
                (shutting up now)

Comment

You could disable search in the OT
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

if the server is handling things now, why disable any more services???
                    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I want the email notification to stay, but the rating just don't make any sense at all.
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Disable the post counter.

That should take off major load [of people trying to reach that next level].
                        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
                          Disable the post counter.
                          blasphamy !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                            blasphamy !!!
                            ...you can find when you look inside your trousers
                            I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo

...you can find when you look inside your trousers
                              not much to see down there !!

Comment

Working...
                              X