Markos and Dan: Server Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markos and Dan: Server Suggestion

Here's my idea: people who haven't posted in the past year (or any determined length of time) should be notified that they will lose their posting priveledges. This will eliminate a bunch of extra data. Then, restrict forum access generally: for instance, during peak hours, limit the number of people logged in during peak hours, then loosen the rules at off peak hours. Also, I would suggest kicking people off who only ever post in OT. The idea should be that those who only use the OT are not really here for civ and should have restricted posting priveleges.

Waddya think?
    "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

- deleting users wont do anything

- we have closed the OT several times and yesterday we limited the number of guests and later cut them off the civ3 forums. today we turned off avatars for everyone which actually had almost the same results!
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

for instance, during peak hours, limit the number of people logged in during peak hours, then loosen the rules at off peak hours

If the limit is 300 users, say, and the off-peak usage is 200 what benefit is derived from increasing the limit to 400?

Also I read the thread title as "Serving suggestions". I thought it was going to be a thread on cookery tips.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
      X