Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does closing the OT really improve site performance?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does closing the OT really improve site performance?

I'm really surprised the site keeps falling over. Does closing the OT really make that much difference? What is the fundamental problem? Server capacity?

Will Dan have to upgrade from his 486?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

i think it helped alot today.....but earlier i was having trouble posting from school
    Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

What the hell happened today with the servers, 366 (!) members are now online plus a lot of guests, and poly is still at lightspeed (ok not really, but very fast for me? In the past days it was slow as hell even with DSL, and even with much less people logged on...however, good work
      Blah

Comment

In short: Yes.

Move the OT to the PROT forums and be done with it!

Comment

Apparently it does, since postings to the OTF account for a huge percentage of the traffic.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Its certainly doing wonders for my post count.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

yeap, it does
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
              X