OT Locked Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Locked Again

Will we have warnings of the times the OT will be locked in the future- it is becoming frustrating!

Also... Why not put the OT into a free ezboard forum for a while, when it is closed- it can't hurt much.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

I think there's some alternatives, but it's just not the same.
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

And by Alternatives I mean alternative forums.
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
        I think there's some alternatives, but it's just not the same.
        oh, rather an alternative than a closed forum for holy Bildt sake!
        It is your responsibility to keep your profile information up-to-date. Do not ask the administrator or moderators to do this for you.

Comment

Aye, but alternatives can fragment the community.

Oh, are we to be like refugees scattered by winds on the high seas of the internet?!
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
            Aye, but alternatives can fragment the community.

Oh, are we to be like refugees scattered by winds on the high seas of the internet?!
            nah, an apolytoner always return, look at me, the old whiner in the family
            It is your responsibility to keep your profile information up-to-date. Do not ask the administrator or moderators to do this for you.

Comment

and i was about to reply to mark's latest cut and paste news item

why do you do that mark? are their americans who do this about greece? what is the unemployment rate in greece?
              Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Sir David

oh, rather an alternative than a closed forum for holy Bildt sake!

Like you ever come around here much...chat nazi.

Comment

Re: OT Locked Again

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                  Will we have warnings of the times the OT will be locked in the future- it is becoming frustrating!
                  No since we cant know if we're going to close it or not and when. For example yesterday we didnt have to close it. You might have notice though that it is always some time between 13:00 and 17:00 est

Also... Why not put the OT into a free ezboard forum for a while, when it is closed- it can't hurt much.
                  Apolyton suggests FreeFireZone.net
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by GP

Like you ever come around here much...chat nazi.
                    yea well, but when I do come around, I don´t want to find the place closed, do I?

Comment

Re: Re: OT Locked Again

Originally posted by MarkG
                      Apolyton suggests FreeFireZone.net
                      Not a bad suggestion... If you want a free wheeling non moderated OTF... that's the place to go
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hmph. It was closed at 21:00... but I suppose I can live with it for a while- but the reason I complain is that I cannot reply to my own thread! I suppose I'll try again later today (the ot is open, but I don't have the time now) but, the closing of the OT really hurts discussions.

Mark... just wondering, when the OT is closed, could you possibly post those alternatives on the "forum closed" page? I know you wouldn't want to lose posters- but it could be a good PR idea
                        and yes, I am already at FFZ, CGN, (was at CivFanatics as well) (once or twice at ACOL )
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                        X