This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server too busy !

What happens with the forum server ! 50% time I try to go on this forum, the server responds me that it is too busy !
    Zobo Ze Warrior
    --
    Your brain is your worst enemy!

Probably higher Civ3 traffic combined with some technical difficulties. Hopefully, it will die down a bit next week.

Comment

you aint kidding. The scroll moves like dirty pond water and the page is accessible only half the time

Just now the last post I made finally came up. After 15 minutes...I had poored a huge popcorn bowl full of Count Chocula. Ok I started eating.....eating...eating!!! Waiting for the page to load????? Finally it did!

Well we could always go to Civ gaming network forums

Comment

It seems better tonight

Comment

It's total scheiss!! Caca!! Poo!!! I have to get this cheap shot in while i'm in Apolyton, as i never know when i'll next get through

Comment

I don't want to complain and I'm not complayning .

I tryed to read [evennot menchioning posting.....] thread ...
            it was about at 3:14 PMcet

and
            <p>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
            Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.</p>An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="mailto:markg@egnatia.ee.auth.gr">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p>We apologise for any inconvenience.</p>
            i refreshed it and again the same thing happened

Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
            f**k the f****n f*****s!
            I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
            let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

"slight" problem

Comment

Mankind,

the mysql server was out for 40 minutes

GP,

thank you very much for your sarcasm. It really helps us trying to serve you in the best way possible
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Come on Mark, you gotta admit its funny. Like the computer is defending itself. "Just a little problem, here! Different from a big one!"

Comment

Well, the server does have a personality...he's been posting on Firaxis. For some reason, he doesn't like me too much...

Comment

Mark,

Is the "server busy" message a result of some setting that blows off users above a certain threshhold in order to maintain service for those not blown off? If so, I would suggest loosening it up some because it is, IMO, worse to be blown off like this than to suffer through a long page-load time.

Putting in my 2 cents on the "slight problem" issue, the use of such phrases in the apologia for the down time implies that the management does not value the customers time and inconvenience and is therefore somewhat disrespectful to your users. What goes around, comes around.

Comment

Originally posted by johndmuller
                        Is the "server busy" message a result of some setting that blows off users above a certain threshhold in order to maintain service for those not blown off? If so, I would suggest loosening it up some because it is, IMO, worse to be blown off like this than to suffer through a long page-load time.
                        my experience these last days monitoring the forums and trying various approaches has shown that trying to keep too many people online ends up for a far worse experience for those who try to post something and in the end a slow down in the "posting rythmes"

Putting in my 2 cents on the "slight problem" issue, the use of such phrases in the apologia for the down time implies that the management does not value the customers time and inconvenience and is therefore somewhat disrespectful to your users. What goes around, comes around.
                        the quoted message above is the default message that the httpd server gives when there is a problem with the mysql server. so send your complain to the apache.org people
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Hey Mark, you gotta admit it's funny. That thoing can be tits up in the ditch and it says it has a "slight" problem. Why the need for a qualifier?

Good to see you in better spirits though.

Comment

its all civ 3's fault! life is better without it!
                            I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Working...
                            X