This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is It Time To Ditch Gamestats?

It's been one long episode of disasters where Gamestats has been concerned.

Pop-ups, crappy ads, poor servers, interfering with internal politics of the site - in my opinion Apolyton should move to a better host.

Gamestats is clearly not good enough for Apolyton.

Discuss.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Re: Is It Time To Ditch Gamestats?

found new trollsubject(german word )?

Originally posted by Infatuation
    It's been one long episode
    yeah. three years
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: Re: Is It Time To Ditch Gamestats?

Originally posted by MarkG
      found new trollsubject(german word )?

yeah. three years
      It really is odd that you judge an argument by who creates it, rather than by the merit of the argument.

Gamestats is a joke.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

criticism without any actual suggestions is totally useless, not to say harmfull

Comment

Given your past relations with all authority figures and service providers, most especially Gamestats, you have no credibility on the subject. And yes, it is always appropriate to include the credibility and other factors about the spokesman when judging an argument or opinion. Even in fields of science, where experiment and data are supposed to king, reputation carries great weight. You should continue to expect that your reputation will cause your your credibility to suffer, for YEARS to come, and that when newbies use behaviors similar to those that created your reputation, they will be warned "Look at Infatuation, do you want a reputation like that?". That is the way both the real and cyber worlds work.
          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

<I>Pop-ups, crappy ads, poor servers, interfering with internal politics of the site</I>

re: Pop-ups
            UGO mandated, not GameStats.

re: "crappy ads"
            See above.

re: Poor servers
            In the past, yes, there has been some server difficulties but that is the case with any growing gaming network. That said, GS owners have met with the ongoing needs of the network. For current server configuration checkout GameStats.com's "About: Network" page, 'Technical Specifications' area.

re: "interfering with internal politics of the site"
            I know the situation to which you refer -- and no, I do not want it rehashed nor does anyone else I'm sure -- but a) it was one incident and b) it was more than two years ago.

----------------
            Dan; Apolyton CS
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

re: "interfering with internal politics of the site"
              I know the situation to which you refer -- and no, I do not want it rehashed nor does anyone else I'm sure -- but a) it was one incident and b) it was more than two years ago.

----------------
              Dan; Apolyton CS
              I'm impressed Dan, corporate America has trained you well.
              And you kept a straight face and showed great restraint. Very Very Impressive.

I was busy rotflmao.

RAH
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                criticism without any actual suggestions is totally useless, not to say harmfull
                I offer a suggestion: move to a new server/network!
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Stew, you should keep your mouth shut. You're not even supposed to be on this site anyway. You caused plenty of problems for Mark and Dan wrt to Gamestats and you've got no grace.

Comment

In all seriouness, I thought UGO and Gamestats were two faces of the same corporate entity. How are they related, if at all, and what aspects on Apolyton are each responsible for?
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                      How are they related, if at all,
                      Gamestats has a contract with UGO to sell it's ad space. UGO either re-sells it or shows it's own ads. nothing more, nothing less
                      what aspects on Apolyton are each responsible for?
                      we have no direct connection with ugo
                      gamestats is our host

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                        Stew, you should keep your mouth shut. You're not even supposed to be on this site anyway. You caused plenty of problems for Mark and Dan wrt to Gamestats and you've got no grace.
                        What he said.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Stew, you should keep your mouth shut. You're not even supposed to be on thissite anyway. You caused plenty of problems for Mark and Dan wrt to Gamestats and you've got no grace
                          What Stew did was silly, but Justice-T (I think) was a complete moron.

In the end the only person who got ****ed about was me. And I'd done sweet **** all. In the end the childish GS-initiated witch-hunt on people who'd done a stupid and childish but ultimately harmless act led to genuine "customers" being unable to access the GS network and all the GS hierachy at the time could say was effectively "tough ****".

It was extremely piss-poor PR.
                          Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

I remember Iaiaiain...and even when you were "collateral damage" you had more class than Stewbie. Still haven't heard an apology that wasn't full of childish whines. Grrr...sea lawyers...grrr!

Comment

Collateral damage... bah!
                              Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Working...
                              X