Why are you less personal now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are you less personal now?

I note that one's name is no longer in the acknowledgement screen following one's posting. Is this a conscious decision on the admin's part? I seem to miss that personal touch.

I had that yesterday (31/10) but it's fixed now.
    To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

That's fast for such a small bug
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Hmmm...another bug on this thread. At the time of this post there were two replies and it lists only one!
        Last edited by tonic; November 6, 2001, 22:28.

Comment

Hey, welcome back Tonic! Those crazy 60's thread days, eh... :wistful:
          yada

Comment

Great to greet an old mate, Seneca! You can always start another music thread in OT, although there are dark clouds on that horizon (OT that is).

BTW, what's happened to finbar?

Comment

Haven't seen finbar for ages

Music threads on OT are mostly Snapcase's domain, now. However, a surgeon friend of mine tells me there are techniques available that will eventually allow him to be removed from his own arse.
              yada

Comment

Is there such a thing as a reserved domain in OT?

That remark about the surgical operations enabling extractions from the rear end reminds me of the cartoons of the French musical satirist, Claude Serre. Have you heard of him?

I'll try to scan a pic from his book "Musiques", hot from Paris.

Comment

Here's a Serre pic, size reduced:
                  Attached Files

Comment

When did this guy live? Was that drawn before or after modern jazz came along?
                    yada

Comment

I think he's contemporary, this book being published in 1993. There are a few jazz trumpeters and rock guitarist and drummers pictured as well.

Comment

Well, this thread should serve as a warning to Mark and Dan about the consequences of leaving the OT locked
                        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Sound like a nut Case to me

What's wrong with a few pleasant light-hearted exchanges between old mates?

Comment

Working...
                          X