About that t-shirt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About that t-shirt...

"I keep visiting Apolyton for the last three years and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

Please, grammarians everywhere are wincing at this. You really shouldn't be going from present to past tense in this sentence. Trust me, Apolytoners will look illiterate wearing that shirt.

This is what the sentence should look like:

"I've been visiting Apolyton for the last three years, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

Hurry and fix things, before anyone else buys it. You don't have anything else to do, anyway.
    It is certain; my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul chooses to believe in it.

-Novalis

No one is going to take grammer lessons from someone 3 feet tell wiht naked hairy feet.
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Some of the world's greatest grammarians had hairy feet, you know.

More complaints: There's that banner ad that says "get the apolyton t-shirts or face the consequences!"

Then it says: "consequences, schmonsequences!"

Who's talking here? Sounds like the ad is rebutting itself. I know, I know, there's the civ tie-in, but really...

If this isn't petty enough I can think up some others.
      It is certain; my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul chooses to believe in it.

-Novalis

Comment

Originally posted by Frodo
        If this isn't petty enough I can think up some others.
        please do

btw, this t-shirt has been up for 2.5 months now. what does that fact tell you?
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
        X