ACS JavaScript Anomaly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACS JavaScript Anomaly

In the reply form, the JavaScript takes ages to execute under Mozilla 0.95 but is instantaneous under IE. Markos could you look into that? Thanks.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Markos,

It takes 30 seconds for that script to execute under Moz. Can you please fix it?
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

What script?
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

With Netscape, I usually have to press the Reload button at least once to load ANY in-thread page at Apolyton.
        The Reply form in particular is problematic, it seems to load the ENTIRE thread (instead of just the part that will be shown) and then some.
        A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
        Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
          What script?
          The JavaScript script that's part of the reply form.

Comment

I'm on DSL (with 768 kbps = 96 K/sec) and use IE, and I still get stuff like refreshing a window to actually receive the content etc... but that's not only for reply windows, also for thread views...

but then, I can't complain, the speed of this site has increased dramatically during the last weeks (yes I was lurking), so I'm fine with the way it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

The JavaScript script that's part of the reply form.
              It is more then one script. Do you use the code bars and smilies?
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

It's the script that executes when you hit the "submit" button, and it's still taking a few centuries to run.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                  I'm on DSL (with 768 kbps = 96 K/sec) and use IE, and I still get stuff like refreshing a window to actually receive the content etc... but that's not only for reply windows, also for thread views...
                  That's slow for DSL. Here we are getting the 3Mbps links.

Comment

well, it is ADSL, and it is provided by ONE private company (Deutsche Telekom)... I think there are more companies where you can get it from, but those are less reliable , cost less , but aren't known as well... and I have no idea whether their ADSL is actually quicker than the Telekom one...

Comment

I guessed it's ADSL, that's what most DSL lines are. But still slow. Locally we have two speeds: 1.5M and 3M.

Comment

Script still hasn't been fixed

Comment

<strong>Not</strong> fixed yet

Comment

It's quite astonishing how many Mozilla problems everyone seems to be having, seeing as how it's a "standards" compliant browser.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

this post made with mozilla 0.94
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X