Can't use the chat room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't use the chat room

I get a script error which seems to have something to do with the fact that my handle has an apostrophe in it.

Its a similar problem to the one Mau'dib highlighted with PM mail.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Looks like they anti-AH programming is working
    (+1)

Comment

yep...works fine for me
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

See what I mean?
        (+1)

Comment

Still can't use the chatroom.

Database error: Invalid SQL: SELECT room FROM chat_users WHERE username='Alexander'sHorse' LIMIT 1

MySQL error: 1064 (You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'sHorse' LIMIT 1' at line 1)
          Session halted.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Unless you are fluent in Finnish you haven't missed much.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Everyone:

I get a ton of script errors and cannot see what others are writing. My own stuff vanishes off the chat screen in 10 seconds. Guess I found something at 'Poly that IE 4.5 doesn't like. Chat!

CYBERAmazon
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Another victim of the 'poly curse.
                (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  Unless you are fluent in Finnish you haven't missed much.
                  Arin tänään-sivu on muuttanut!

Comment

Bumping this thread

Are there any specific requiements with settings, version, type, country of origin to use the chat?

I'm still getting the "You must first login to the forums to chat. Click your browser back button and login/register" message, even though the front page of the forum says that I am logged in.

Also, anyone who posted the "I'm not having any problems" message, could you please explain why?
                    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

bump

Comment

chat room works well for me.

Didnt think you would be interested i nchat room AH , you dont get PC there !!!!
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I used to be able to use the chatroom when you could just get to it from the forum index but not any more no! especially for the civ3 party they changed it. I tried Mirc and the normal Apolyton one but I couldn't get in and now I still cant get in!
                          Mark what is up with the changing and the chatting and the stuff??
                          Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

I'm also having trouble with the chat room. I go there and it doesn't update. I push refresh over and over agian, but it doesn't change, it only changes when I chat. I though it was the fact no one was chatting, but I closed the window and went there again, and there was the stuff I had missed.

Comment

and where is that chat now???
                              Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
                              f**k the f****n f*****s!
                              I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
                              let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X