Rap Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rap Sheet

It would be interesting (well, to me!) if on the profile screen you also had details of the 'crimes' of the poster. I.E. Banned for 3 days for spamming 3/10/01, Named Village Idiot 5/9/01 etc and also have a running total of all post counts lost. It would always be there to remind them how many posts they had lost and also give some background and history to add to the ambience of the place.....

For some it would be a red badge of honour...
    'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

hey that sound skinda cool, is it possible to do this automatically or would some poor admin hav eto do it all manually each time a banning/PCR occured
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

This was discussed a while ago (someone sugested that all punishments handed out be listed) If I remember correctly, most of the mods were opposed to it on the grounds that too many people would consider it a badge of honour, and that it could encourage bad behaviour

IMHO, its a good idea
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Re: Rap Sheet

Originally posted by SITS
        For some it would be a red badge of honour...
        And in your case for adding such a feature, you proved exactly why it will never be added.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

i don't agree, b/c then you'd be carrying around a stigma with you forever and i don't like the idea of people making preconceived notions about you.
          "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Yeah... a badge of honor...
            Why give those that want it, extra attention
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yob culture

I would be opposed to this, as I think it would promote "bad behaviour" rather than reduce it. Stribing for high post counts is fine, but striving for the "most bans in a single month" award is not.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Sucks up server-space...yadi-yadi-ya...

Besides...I have a clean record...so it wouldn't really make a difference to me...

Comment

We can just add "Banned" to the username. For instance, "RasputinBanned", and he'd have to use that user name, and it would appear on all his former posts. Aren't we evil, nah? .
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                    Yeah... a badge of honor...
                    Why give those that want it, extra attention
                    If someone is delighting in their 'status' then ban them. The reason for them being banned would be written by the mod, so they can make sure that it isn't something to be proud of.

How about just implementing my idea of showing how many posts the person has lost? It would always remind him/her of the gap between where they are now and where they would have been if they had behaved and that would be harder to have a sense of pride about...
                    'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

That would only work on those who endow their post counts the sort of love and veneration that more rational types only afford to their tackle.
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

"There is nothing new under the sun."

The Scarlet Letter

Being the cruel vindictive judgmental fiend that I am, I really get a kick of the "banned" showing up in the post count field for our miscreant siblings.
                        And...
                        I got to thinking (and salivating) about the other forum humiliations that could be heaped upon them. Among the mildest was to make the "banned", well, scarlet. They I really got flying into fantasy. To conceal my depravity in the area of PUNISHMENT, I think I will keep these to myself for a little while, but, I was wonder what the other rabid or twisted disciplinarians around here would like to see as a badge of dishonor/rebellious pride attached to the virtual image of our guide line violating brethren, particularly the tasteless ones.
                        Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; October 22, 2001, 14:21.
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                          We can just add "Banned" to the username. For instance, "RasputinBanned", and he'd have to use that user name, and it would appear on all his former posts. Aren't we evil, nah? .
                          fortunatly your evil schemes hav enot come to fruition yet !!!! Raz is ban free !!!
                          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Yeah apolyton "bad boy" list

Too bad women only like real bad boys and not the cyber ones, eh?
                            I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                            Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

too much work, too little return. at best it'd be interesting for a short while. how many times would you look?
                              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                              X