Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** and **** Should Go Uncensored!

Hi--

Today I was writing the following clause: "slavic-cum-communist fatalism" and the damn thing was censored!

Also, it's a sad day when the first name of your Vice President is censored. Can't anybody say "****" anymore with a straight face?

Listen to reason! Change the censorship rules!
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

i thought **** cheney was fixed?

edit: guess not
    Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Shouldn't be possible to allow "D!ck" to be posted...but only with the "D" written with a capital letter...?

Comment

Originally posted by Zopper
        Shouldn't be possible to allow "D!ck" to be posted...but only with the "D" written with a capital letter...?
        no... the filter isnt that intelligent....
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: *** and **** Should Go Uncensored!

Originally posted by DanS
          Hi--

Today I was writing the following clause: "slavic-cum-communist fatalism" and the damn thing was censored!

Also, it's a sad day when the first name of your Vice President is censored. Can't anybody say "****" anymore with a straight face?

Listen to reason! Change the censorship rules!
          there are too many immature children about that would abuse the loosening of the sensorship (and not all of 'em are under 18)
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Listen. I want the ban on "sh<b></b>ag" lifted too. Sh<b></b>ag carpetting!

It's really easy to avoid the autocensor, and we know the consequences of being potty mouths, so lift the damn censorship.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Remove the censors and just have the mods enforce penalties for swearing. I want some more banning and screaming.

Comment

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The best way to beat the censor is by being unable to spell properly.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

<i>The best way to beat the censor is by being unable to spell properly.</i>

Danm right!
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

anybody got a list of all the words that are censored so I know for future reference?

Comment

There is an ignore list and Mods have the power to ban and do PCRs, why not just get rid of censoring? Since people can just say d!ck to get around it, I don't see what the point is.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

If people want to get around the censors they can, but given that it requires effort (no matter how small) it will deter some of the "bad language". => Less need for mods to regulate, which is obviously important.

The only time when the censor is not worthwhile is when "legitimate" words are censored more than "offensive" words
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                            There is an ignore list and Mods have the power to ban and do PCRs, why not just get rid of censoring? Since people can just say d!ck to get around it, I don't see what the point is.
                            the point is that we have lives and we dont like the idea of spending our lives chasing people who swear

we also dont like the idea of people swearing on our forums.

one day, someone discovered the censor filter, and the world became a better place(or at least our forum became a bit more friendlier place to discuss)

thank you for your understanding
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

maybe do a forum for adults or something
                              Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
                              f**k the f****n f*****s!
                              I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
                              let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X