Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh my God, my thread got closed? wtf for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my God, my thread got closed? wtf for?

!?!?!?

What's going on!??!? Why on earth was this closed for!?!?!

Is there someone out there hacking the threads or something!?!?
    be free

Well try complaining through the 'official channels', that is, send him a PM and ask him why he did it. You will find he will be far more amenable if you are nice and don't whine about it...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

well I don't actually care that it's locked, but the reason it got locked is mind blowing, why do these senseless things keep happening on apolyton? it's unbelievable!
      be free

Comment

Well I have had similar problems myself. You just need to handle the situation with kid gloves for anything to be done about it...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

too much spam....
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

!!? THAT'S THE REASON!?

coz of some other people I have no control over, I lose my thread!?!?

come on MarkG, that's not on, that is not fair at all, now if *I* was spamming, then you should lock it.

I could just go around and spam everyones threads
            be free

Comment

i've "lost" plenty of threads myself due to spam snoopy.....

that's life
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                !!? THAT'S THE REASON!?

coz of some other people I have no control over, I lose my thread!?!?

come on MarkG, that's not on, that is not fair at all, now if *I* was spamming, then you should lock it.

you havnet lsot a thread, it is simply closed to others posting to it... it is still readable so we all know your point and it was well raised...
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                  And then Mark would just ban you and not your thread.

Reread the thread, you made your point a few people responded and then it broke down into to nothingness. So the discussion was over but some people just like raising post counts so they spam. Get over it. The thread wasn't going anywhere except either a spamfest or off the radar screen. So it isn't a big deal one way or the other.
                  About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Good lord. That was too much spam? You've been on a spam-hunt lately, haven't you Markos? I think the "Finally!" thread going to 5 pages is what pushed him over the edge.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm with Krazy Horse. That thread wasn't very spammy and was back on topic by the end. Poor show.
                      (+1)

Comment

I think it's kind of funny when people scream about a thread being locked. I's like their penis being chopped off or someting.

Comment

Looking at that last post, I'd have let it go.

Still, it's Marko's call.

In reference to that last post, it would be interesting to see the appropriate tile counts for all of the continents and significant islands on a 256x256 map.

edit: added digit.
                          Last edited by The Mad Monk; October 24, 2001, 00:58.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Dang, looks like I was right after all. I posted a thread here called "so if I don't like a thread" asking this very question. Ming assured me that if the initial topic wasnot a joke, the thread was relatively immune from spam sharks putting it down.

Guess he was wrong.
                            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

WAAAAHHH!!

Comment

Working...
                              X