Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can anyone tell me how to resize an avatar in MS paint (work computer)? I've got a reasonably sqaure, not overly large picture that, when I shrink it down, loses almost all detail for some reason. I read up on some past threads, it was somthing like:

64/largest dimension * 100 and put that into the horizontal and vertical boxes elsewhere in the image menu.

that didn't work too well in practice.

I don't really want a new avatar right now, and I probably won't replace this one for a while, but it'd be nice to know how to do this for the future. thanks

Uhm...somewhere on the bottom of the Paint screen...you see your "co-ordinates" in pixels...(x,y)...if that is (64,64)...your picture is 64x64...
    But with Paint...a lot of quality is lost...best is to do it with Adobe ImageReady...

Comment

I've got Photoshop 6.0

if you send it to me, I can resize it for you.
      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

PhotoShop 5.5 still r0x0rz the most

Comment

re: photoshop

thanks a bunch orange...I might not use this as an avatar, but I'm still curious...can you clear out the black background and just leave the resized character? paint's having problems with that too

thanks again

edit: http://www.portent.net/art/40k/marin...ngel_smith.jpg
          Last edited by Wiglaf; October 12, 2001, 20:22.

Comment

Working...
          X