So if I don't like a thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if I don't like a thread...

All I have to do is get people to spam on it while the starter isn't looking and Ming or somebody will close it.

Doesn't matter if it's serious, only matters if people spam on it.

check the evidence:

posted by:
    GoAtLoVeR
    Wasn't spam when i started it............

Nice of you to let me know
    Ming:While you were eating lunch...

Ok... Question asked, Question answered...

Case Closed!
    and....

from Lancer:Ming allowed one of the three to be restarted slightly different, but still...

Just because I try to put a humorous slant to serious subjects, my threads get closed.

...I thought I was supposed to be a "Mod's poodle"?

Btw, the one Ming allowed to be restarted went to well over 100 serious posts. The one shut today would have
    become a serious discussion too.

and Ming replies:and now that spam sharks are beginning to circle this thread too...

Make that Four threads.

So I guess the way is clear, if you don't like a thread, spam on it and it'll get closed!
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

It depends on the thread. If it is a serious thread, and you spam it... the spammer will face a possible restriction and PCR.

If the thead (granted, in a mods opinion) was established for silly/spam reasons, the thread will probably be closed when a mod first notices it.

If the thread is boarderline... I will usually wait until a few responses occur. If the responses are the expected spam... then the thread is toast. If there are enough serious responses, then the thread will survive.

If every thread that had a spam response in it was closed, there wouldn't be many open threads in the OTF
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I can't belive you all whine about getting threads locked. THey are usually trolls to start with...and besides who caaaaaares. It's kinda weak to get satisfaction from thread replies..coughcough MBT cough cough Santa thread.

Comment

What is better:
        To have a thread locked due to spammers?

Or, to have it drop into the darkness with few or no reponses?
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
        X