mail delivery system error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mail delivery system error?

about half the time i post, i get some error that says mail delivery system error. but as far as i can tell, my posts are fine. what's going on?

I get that message across the top of the screen sometimes too.
    Since things seem to be running fine, I just ignore it
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
      I get that message across the top of the screen sometimes too.
      Since things seem to be running fine, I just ignore it
      if you hear the rattling and clanking under your car, but it still runs, you ignore it?

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
        if you hear the rattling and clanking under your car, but it still runs, you ignore it?
        With my car... nahhhh. I take it in. But since there is really nothing I can do here, I ignore it
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I too get the same message (not about my car!) I then have spells where no email from 'Poly is received but 7 days later it turns up. Strange.
          'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

H Tower, et al.:

Yo! Add me to the list of folks seeing that weird message while posting (not all the time, just sometimes).

I figure Markos and the other 'Poly PTB will get around to isolating and fixing the error as time permits. Insofar as I can tell, it isn't messing up the posting system any.

CYBERAmazon
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
              But since there is really nothing I can do here...
              (+1)

Comment

the messages are from the script trying to send a mail to someone who has subscribed to the thread(to get notified when there is a new reply)

however, on high traffic hours the mail server decides that it has worked hard enough for one day and refuses to send the mail....
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

people actually subscribe to threads? all that leads to is a mailbox with 40-50 messages a day if the user posts in more than one thread

Comment

Exactly. Surely if you are that interested in a thread you wpuld remember to check it.
                    (+1)

Comment

its getting worse now, i have to hit refresh everytime it happens now. it might have something to do with the fact that the entire page is covered by mail server errors now

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                        the messages are from the script trying to send a mail to someone who has subscribed to the thread(to get notified when there is a new reply)

however, on high traffic hours the mail server decides that it has worked hard enough for one day and refuses to send the mail....
                        I like your description of the situation, Markos. But do I get a wee bit of a hint towards the end that there's a certain site owner who's tried to do something about the lazy server only to have it kick back in the chair and order another brewskie?

Good luck with it all, Markos.

CYBERAmazon
                        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
                        X