This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The autocensor - out of control

I was noticing that someone was posting to an off-topic thread about obesity and a problem occured, he tried to enter the word weight<x>watcher...if you type it in normally however, it will be censored: weigh****cher, because it has the combination of letter t,w,a and t in it. The same would apply for words such as ho****er, nigh****chman, wris****ch. And I presume the Lincolnshire town of S****horpe would fall into the same trap for possessing the letters c, u, n and t in that order. Surely it can be made so that this feature will only censor whole words, not combinations of letters within words, as some of these combinations are very common in normal words...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Hey, why doesn't this happen to S****horpe?

Another interesting example is **** Cheney, where you would be quite fine to call him Penis Cheney instead
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
      Another interesting example is **** Cheney, where you would be quite fine to call him Penis Cheney instead
      Haha! Nice one PH!

Before:
      The vice president of USA is Mr **** Cheney.
      **** Cheney was the vice president candidate of
      G.W.B in the year 2000 election campaign.

After:
      The vice president of USA is Mr Penis Cheney.
      Penis Cheney was the vice president candidate of G.W.B in
      the year 2000 election campaign.

An then a small joke...
      Hey ****, how large is your ****?

Yeah, sure. Very funny.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Hey, why doesn't this happen to S****horpe?

There was a thread about this awhile ago where I got mugged by Mark.
        'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
          An then a small joke...
          Hey ****, how large is your ****?

Yeah, sure. Very funny.
          Small, more like nonexistent *tut* Stop acting like a s****horpe

I mean this in a serious manner though, these new censored words don't seem to work the same as the previous ones. They should all be the same, in that they don't count in the middle of other words...
          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Re: The autocensor - out of control

I was noticing that someone was posting to an off-topic thread about obesity and a problem occured, he tried to enter the word weight<x>watcher...if you type it in normally however, it will be censored: weigh****cher, because it has the combination of letter t,w,a and t in it. The same would apply for words such as ho****er, nigh****chman, wris****ch. And I presume the Lincolnshire town of S****horpe would fall into the same trap for possessing the letters c, u, n and t in that order. Surely it can be made so that this feature will only censor whole words, not combinations of letters within words, as some of these combinations are very common in normal words...
            fixed

weightwatcher
            hotwater
            nightwatchman
            wristwatch
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
            X