Apolyton's email server down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton's email server down?

I just can't get any messages through to Apolyton by email.
    All my messages has been sent back, even if my ISP's
    email servers work fine. Could anyone of the team tell me
    what's going on? Has anyone else had trouble
    getting in contact with ...@apolyton.net addresses?
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Yes. The problem is, it's my own. I'm assured that tech supremo TonyB over at gamestats is working at it, but I've heard little for a while now. I assume the problem will be solved in the near future.
    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

It's been down for over a month... I'm not holding my breath...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

rasbelin, you dont read forum announcements, do you?
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

OK Mark... I understand the different address... but It doesn't do any good if you can't retrieve it.. it still tells me invalid password
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            rasbelin, you dont read forum announcements, do you?
            Looks like I haven't remembered to do that for a while.
            But that doesn't solve my problem.
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
              But that doesn't solve my problem.
              hmmm if i remember correctly, the announcement mentions some other e-mail addresses....

Comment

hmmm if i remember correctly, the announcement mentions some other e-mail addresses....
                I have found Dan's alternative address,
                so everything is under control now.

Thanks!

Comment

But those addresses don't work with the sendmail program, and no new users can receive their activation e-mail. That mean that no new users can post anything .
                  Also no subscribing works.
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                    But those addresses don't work with the sendmail program, and no new users can receive their activation e-mail. That mean that no new users can post anything
                    nothing to do with it

"somehow" these new posters are indeed able to post...

Comment

nothing to do with it

"somehow" these new posters are indeed able to post...
                      http://apolyton.net/forums/memberlis...hat=datejoined
                      How come that I didn't got any mail when I changed my e-mail address? DanQ had to activate me manually . I could post for 12 hours, but than it did not work any more . I couldn’t even post a PM.
                      Don't tell me that new users receive a mail, but old users do not.

Comment

i'm not saying that that service works perfectly. i'm just saying that it is unrelated with the e-mail addresses issue. in fact, it's a different server we're talking about

Comment

i'm not saying that that service works perfectly. i'm just saying that it is unrelated with the e-mail addresses issue. in fact, it's a different server we're talking about
                          Wow, they admit there is an error, and DanQ makes it a news item (after one month of unfunctionality.)
                          keep the good work up.

Comment

On behalf of the ACS staff and administration we apologize in the lateness of the news item posting regarding the forum registration/email problem. There was a combination of reasons for this, however, the primary one being we kept getting assurances that it would be fixed "today" or "this week" (the @apolyton.net email address problem). After about a week we posted a message about that.

When it then became apparent in mid-September of the problems of registration due to various emails received, we were again told it would be fix "today" or "this week". Thus, we waited another week. After another week of stating the points in the now completed news item simply via email to those who emailed us about the problem or who had seen explanations in threads/posts etc. on the forum, it was decided that a general announcement was overdue and much needed.

----------------
                            Dan; Apolyton CS
                            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                            X