Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gramphos
    Why not make a post recount that don't count OT posts That way it would be fair for everybody

Imagine how all the old OT spammers would complain if that was brought in
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I call for end to post counts! We must end these post count class divisions and make everyone equal!
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

No, post coutns are good and fun... If the moderators must they can take away our OT post counts, but the counts themselves should stay... They are one of the reasons I post a lot here- at CivFanatics they do not care about PC's as much, thus I no longer post much there.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

<SMALL>Or Count all posts by a user... then count all posts in the OT by the same user. Then do the algorithm: posts=totalposts-postsinot-earlier received PCRs (the hardest part)</SMALL>
          If you use that formua I would end up with a negative post count!

I lost a thousand posts thanx to a "glitch" about a year or so ago.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Are post counts everything

Comment

the best solution is to divide OT post counts from on topic post counts and everyone should have two titles one for OT and one for on topic.
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Post count = self worth =
                I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                  If you use that formua I would end up with a negative post count!

I lost a thousand posts thanx to a "glitch" about a year or so ago.
                  Ok, one could recount the PCRs to not include OT postscounts. But wouldn't it be fun to have negatvie postcount?
                  You could do:
                  Count current total posts - posts in OT since the rulechange (It must be a date I don't remember) Take the posts currently registered and divide them with the earlier result. That would give you the current PCR-status. Count the total posts- all posts in OT and multiply with the Current-PCR status.

PC=PC/(total posts - OT-posts from change)*(total posts - total OT-posts)
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Why not make a post recount
                    Democrat, right?
                    To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

think about it this way

not everyone that goes to the OT plays civ or alpha centauri. i'm one of them. So, it's not fair for me to have this gigantic post count when i don't even play. And i can't GET a big post count because i don't play and therefore, i'm not going to go into other forums n stuff.
                      "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Working...
                      X