X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sorry, but the the no-post-count-in-OT rule works just fine
    *thread closed*

Works fine for who? you? on what basis? You don't care about what the users of the site think? three people other than you posted in that thread (including myself) and all thought that a change was in order. You weren't even open to discuss it logically or defend your position. BAD MANAGEMENT STYLE, BAD PR...

exercising a show of force to shut it down before more people had the chance to agree? I thought the APOLYON FORUM was where people had the right to make COMMENTS and give OPINIONS about the site!!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

it's just that i have seen too many threads on the post count in OT end up being a great opportunity for people to spam and increase their post counts....
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Now see, that i can understand. I don't necessarily agree with it, but atleast i can see your point of view.

I must also ask if you can see what I am saying? Most of the "older" members have gained a large portion of their posts from OT (I got a good portion of mine in the GL forum, which is all but dead now). Anyway, the point is, it's hard for the others to catch up to us (which i don't necessarily mind, i'm just a philosophy major, so you will have to forgive me...)
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Whats the GL forum?
        (+1)

Comment

Well Markos, does that mean we're allowed to discuss post-counts or not?
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

GL= Gamer's League.
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

And why do you care about your post status so much? You're already a King. Even if you were a settler doesn't matter much.

Comment

Grrrrrrrr?

When I read the subject line, I was expecting to find a post by the infamous teenage trailer-park tramp, Littlepoo.
                ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

bob, if you'll read my post, my concern wasn't about *my* post count. And it matters to settlers because they can't have custom avatars...
                  GL = gameleage (http://gameleague.megaultra.com), a ladder site for competative civ, smac and ctp play, that is affiliated with apolyton and has it's own forum.

Comment

Thank you Kaak and DarkCloud
                    (+1)

Comment

What can an old Warlord, with a silly standard avatar that has had many a conversation in OT but that doesn't matter because it has nothing to do with Civ except that it's the real world which Civ is based on, say?

Shall I shorten my sentences?
                      To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
                        Most of the "older" members have gained a large portion of their posts from OT (I got a good portion of mine in the GL forum, which is all but dead now). Anyway, the point is, it's hard for the others to catch up to us (which i don't necessarily mind, i'm just a philosophy major, so you will have to forgive me...)
                        I have an idea.
                        Why not make a post recount that don't count OT posts That way it would be fair for everybody

Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Why's everyone need a custom avatar, it's meaningless

Comment

Gramphos, that is actually a great idea! I am in full support of it, but i'm not sure that it can be implemented. It might be difficult, if not impossible to recount the posts without OT especially since the ubb/vbb conversion...

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
                              Gramphos, that is actually a great idea! I am in full support of it, but i'm not sure that it can be implemented. It might be difficult, if not impossible to recount the posts without OT especially since the ubb/vbb conversion...
                              Just use an abacus

<SMALL>Or Count all posts by a user... then count all posts in the OT by the same user. Then do the algorithm: posts=totalposts-postsinot-earlier received PCRs (the hardest part)</SMALL>
                              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                              X