Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a post is a post is a post (or atleast half of a post)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a post is a post is a post (or atleast half of a post)

I would like to start off by saying that I'm not a huge OT poster, but I do post there sometimes. Over the course of my stay here, I have posted much more in other areas i believe.

BUT, to get to the point, I think that OT posts should count, if not as a full post. It really isn't fair to the new posters that OT posts don't count at all when most of the more permanent fixtures here at apolyton owe a great deal of their post count to the OT. It creates a huge and hard to bridge gap for the newer members, and is particularly unfair since they can't change to a custom icon until after 500 posts (?).

Anyway, I think it would be better if you could come up with a system so that posts in OT did count, if not as a full post (maybe half a post?)

Just a thought...
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

You know, this is the most sensible solution for the OT post count issue that I've heard... I also have posted much less there since the change.

Comment

I agree completely. Bring back post counts in the OT! I'd be an Emperor by now if they counted!
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

sorry, but the the no-post-count-in-OT rule works just fine
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
        X