Sid Meier and You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sid Meier and You!

Shall we share our SM "encounters"? How we got to know him and what we feel about it? No? OK then, let me begin.

1991 - The first SM game I played was Pirates! I was in this shop and had to chose between that and Civ. Due to sys req, Civ was quickly ruled out, but I did make a mental note. I played Pirates! for months, and since then I have known the Carribean by name. Games do educate My longest session was from 4PM to 9AM, the morning after.

1992 - A friend aquired a demo of Civ for Atari. We studied it and played millions of times, but frustratingly ending the game at 1AD. When he finally bought it, I strengthened our friendship and spent countless hours in front of his Atari. I bought a singing-dancing 486 in 1994, and Civilization/Railroad Tycoon was the first title I bought. Again, I spent hundreds of hours playing both titles, Civ being the favourite.
    There was Pirates Gold as well, not a Sid game, and gameplay nowhere near the original.

1995 - I think it was 95 when I got that card game. I didn't like it and gave it to a relative that is into that.

1996 - Civilization II arrives! I bought it on the day of release. As a matter of fact, that friend of Atari fame (now into Mac) came along. He cursed the fact that it was only on PC, but learnd to live with the fact. My place was the place to be, this time.

1998 - Gettisburg. It was OK, but I shelved it after two or three incompleted games.

2000 - For some reason, I didn't buy SMAC as it came out. However, as I was going home from work, I picked it up at half price at the station. It's good, better than the CtP clones, but I never really got into it. I guess I'm too much of a realist. I want to play on Earth.

2001 - Civilization III. I am ready
    To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Re: Sid Meier and You!

Originally posted by Earthling7
    Shall we share our SM "encounters"?
    I once woke up to find Sid standing at the end of my bed, just looking at me.

'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Re: Re: Sid Meier and You!

Originally posted by Case
      I once woke up to find Sid standing at the end of my bed, just looking at me.
      Fanatic.

Comment

A siliar thread

Hi,
        a similiar thread with "Your first Civ memories" can be found here.

It's not the same but close enough, so I post a link to it here. (There are some good stories )

OK,
        I'll sue somebody right now...
        I just notised that that thread is over a year old. Who has stolen all that time?
        I want responsiple people arrested and convicted right now.

How time just flies..., but where?
        Last edited by Jeje2; September 26, 2001, 07:08.

Comment

Finland, eh?

Over a year. Time for a new one then. Newbies, come on, NOW!

Comment

Re: Sid Meier and You!

Shall we share our SM "encounters"?
            Whatever goes on in my bedroom involving rubber, whips and food blenders, is my business and my business alone. Oh, and the goat's

Encounters with Sid Meier? I suppose that is akin to a religious vision, a la Jesus on the road to Damascus I have not had any of these unfortunately...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Finland, eh?
              Er, what's the point? Gone crazy lately?
              Or am I just too dull to understand these kind of jokes?
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

No I think EArthling lost his mind

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                  Er, what's the point? Gone crazy lately?
                  Or am I just too dull to understand these kind of jokes?
                  Nothing to worry about. I know some Finnish people and they're great. I love Finland! I think... I should go there one day

Comment

Working...
                  X