Thread closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread closed?

Not sure about who to ask about this but a thread of mine was closed in the OT forum. I'm not complaining about it but I do wonder why it was closed. The thread was called 'In remembrance of Misotu...' and I posted a poem that I like that alluded to some of the issues that she had raised. From what I understand she was banned from posting in the wrong thread so I posted it in a new one. Again I'm confused about the reasons for closing the thread. Can someone enlighten me? Cheers!
    'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

At a guess it was closed for the same reason that Misotu got banned. However as it was only an allusion the thread was closed and you were not banned.

That is speculation as I have not read the thread or know why she was banned.

Oh, and expect this thread to be closed after a quick explanation from the mod/admin who closed the other two threads...
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

BC - Well, I put a poem that related to some of the issues she raised about men and women and how they interact. The mistake I think she might have made was to post it in an incorrect thread. That is why I started a new one. And I'm still confused as to the reason for it being closed.

mods - I've asked politely why it was closed - could you be as polite in return by giving me a reason for its closure? Cheers!
      'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

I banned her, and unbanned her a day and a half ago, for an accumulation of minor issues - among other things, she seemed fond of telling quite a large number of posters specifically, and Americans generally, that we're "idiots" and the threadjacking as well.

I don't remember if I closed the thread - I think it was already closed when I saw it, but it was late at night. I would have closed it anyway, but I think someone had already got to it.

Basically, it came off as a form of "protest" thread about the banning. Those are always toast if posted in the OT. They're usually toast if posted here, but it's mostly a question of if/how long it goes before Mark gets around to it.

If you wanted to do a thread on the way men and women interact, it would have a much enhanced chance of survival if the thread title doesn't mention something about blah blah [insert banned poster's name here] - shades of 50 million Free YYYH and Spink threads.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

MtG - Thanks for responding. I wasn't questioning why Misotu was banned - I think you stated why in the original thread plus it is up to Misotu to complain if she wants.

I guess it was a very mild protest thread in sense it mentioned Misotu by name but you did say that the issues she had raised belonged in a new thread and that's the main reason I started it. I put nothing else into it except a poem that referred to the issues she had raised so I guess I thought it would be alright as it was 'on-topic' in the OT forum as it didn't have anything to do with the reason she was banned.

I know nothing about YYYH and Spink and I can assure you I had no intention of starting Freedom Fighters for Misotu movement!

I wonder if in future if a mod closes a thread that they can sign it and maybe offer a brief reason why. At least it would offer a bit of transparency.

Again thanks for your full reply.

Comment

Working...
          X