A "growing favorite."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "growing favorite."

Okay, in terms of priorities at Apolyton, this is about a 0.3 on a 10 point scale, but one minor quibble... why is CivTrivia called "a growing favorite" every... single... time a new question is introduced? Is it really growing that much every single day? Will it ever become an "established favorite?" Or is it a favorite at all?

I'd be perfectly happy if DanQ just copied in "Here's the new CivTrivia question of today" for one.

Don't ask why that phrase irritates me so much. It just does.
    All syllogisms have three parts.
    Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Dan needs to remove the trite phrases from his prose.

Comment

I have modified the structure of my news items for CivTrivia effective today -- I will try to add a variant element or two everyday so the prose does not become repetitive. I had not originally anticipated that I would be the one posting the CT news items on a regular basis and thus had not tried to "mix up" the wording of my posts until now, but agree that it was time for a change.

---------------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Re: A "growing favorite."

Originally posted by SnowFire
        Okay, in terms of priorities at Apolyton, this is about a 0.3 on a 10 point scale, but one minor quibble... why is CivTrivia called "a growing favorite" every... single... time a new question is introduced? Is it really growing that much every single day? Will it ever become an "established favorite?" Or is it a favorite at all?

I'd be perfectly happy if DanQ just copied in "Here's the new CivTrivia question of today" for one.

Don't ask why that phrase irritates me so much. It just does.
        haha, funny because it's true
        Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
          I have modified the structure of my news items for CivTrivia effective today -- I will try to add a variant element or two everyday so the prose does not become repetitive. I had not originally anticipated that I would be the one posting the CT news items on a regular basis and thus had not tried to "mix up" the wording of my posts until now, but agree that it was time for a change.

---------------
          Dan; Apolyton CS
          That would be a "great classic" Dan
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
          X