Help - choice of MUD, MPRPG etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - choice of MUD, MPRPG etc

Would anyone recommend a Multi-player on line RPG that would not be ruined by my less than lightening reflexes and my having a life (albeit a seriously Civ addled one) away from the computer.

I love the Baldur's Gate type games, generally avoid too much hack and slash and quite like playing a magic user

anyone?...........

OT might be the place you want to be, but I am not sure this is off topic enough. MarkG would probably cut some slack for you.

I have no info to offer with regard to the main question.
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I can't tell which Scouse you are. Upsets me...

Comment

Thanks, Lefty, but as you know - I am somewhat of a stranger over there - appart from half a dozen posts during the 11th I have hardly ever been across in OT ...

Hey Navy - look at the sig - I'm SG[1] (the handsome one!) - programmer, academic, bridge & Civ player, and, as you have now discovered, closet rpger ...
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Time to start a "Whatever happened to SG{3}?" thread?
          Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
            Thanks, Lefty, but as you know - I am somewhat of a stranger over there - appart from half a dozen posts during the 11th I have hardly ever been across in OT ...

Hey Navy - look at the sig - I'm SG[1] (the handsome one!) - programmer, academic, bridge & Civ player, and, as you have now discovered, closet rpger ...
            Ohhh...I turned sigs off.

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
              Time to start a "Whatever happened to SG{3}?" thread?
              I thought you were supposed to take her out for dinner?

Comment

MUD is actually pretty specific. It refers to a family of text-based RPG games that are available on the Net. Are those what you are seeking?
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

UR - an on-topic response - thank you.

No not really, just shows how long it is since I was part of a multi-user (I guess today we say on-line) community of this type - I played MUDs as an undergrad, slowly lost touch as a post-grad and haven't thought about them for 30 years - I love the SP rpgs, but find the lack of real interpersonal relations a weakness - I now see things like Ultima Online and Everquest that look quite enthralling, but hear reports of groups who prey on newbies just to get their stats up - overcrowded servers and click-fest interfaces - none of which turn me on in the slightest ... soooo

I turn to my on-line buddies at Apolyton for some advice ...

Comment

Would this get more responses in the "other games" forum? Just a suggestion...
                    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Stay away from the MUDS.

You'll turn into that guy in the computer lab that starts talking to himself and spends 12 consecutive hours there...
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

But, derek - I already am that guy ...

Comment

Working...
                        X