that Austin Powers thing (1969)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that Austin Powers thing (1969)

I know, I know, I was out far too long before my comeback to remember the reasons behind the subscription year 1969 for the "Elders", the Founding Fathers? ( the Pentagon Internet Originators perhaps? )

No, really why the 30 years gap between your select group and the rest of us ? That reminds me the same time travel gap from the Powers flicks.
    The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

It has to do with 1/1/1970 being the default registration date if none is selected - this applies to all who joined Apolyton before 2/15/99 and if they have a time zone selected that is before GMT, then the registration date is listed as 12/31/1969.

Comment

I see the 'elders' (including my own ) reg date as 1970. 3 years or 30 years they all roll into one!

It also makes the post per day counter inordinately small.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Thanks for the answer, Kyller. Very odd though.

Originally posted by Big Crunch
        It also makes the post per day counter inordinately small.
        And I thought that mine was small! Very odd to see a Prince or King with a 0.0x posts/day.

Comment

Yeah baby, yeah!
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

We are just f*cking veterans!

Comment

Yep, I've been lurking around for quite some time now.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                We are just f*cking veterans!
                Do we get any days of honour on the Poly calender?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch

Do we get any days of honour on the Poly calender?
                  On the site birthdays, our posts count double and newbies have to refer to us as "Sir".

Comment

Oh, here we are, all the old farts fighting over that orb, when they know the newer generation such as myself wields the axe nowadays
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                      Oh, here we are, all the old farts fighting over that orb, when they know the newer generation such as myself wields the axe nowadays
                      Newbie! Newbie!

DL! DL! DL!

Ban him! Ban him!

Comment

yes, Sir!!!

Comment

ACtually if I'm not mistaken the problem is that their date is undefined and the value is 0.

As far as I remember, in most web programming language, 1/1/1970 is the date associated with 0.

That is because they represent the date by counting the seconds since 1/1/1970.

Try to convert 0 seconds in PHP or JavaScript to a date....

Comment

On unix systems, the "beginning of time" is Jan 1 1970. Time is recorded by counting the seconds after that (I believe just last week we passed the 1 billionth second).

Since the time is 0 for those posters...Jan 1 1970 + 0 seconds == Jan 1 1970.

Of course if you've got the forum editing times due to your timezone (mine is -7), you'll get Dec 1969.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I like pointing to my posts per day and saying how I can't possibly be a spammer .
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X