No announcement yet.

Please consider starting up Civ 3 MP forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why? So we can discuss whether or not there will be MP? Come on this will die out as soon as there is some type of official word. And at that time if MP is in then a seperate forum would be nice to talk about our games but if it is not then why do we need it?
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
      There are matters other then this blunted spearpoint to attend to.
      (Like making a medium style )
      more people want an mp forum than a medium style

tniem: there's other things MPers discuss, such as "Dreaming a history for a world yet to hit the shelves"
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
        more people want an mp forum than a medium style
        It was just one example, I can also say like changing the Unbanned smilie.

Still, I suggested a MP forum before, but Mark started to close threads at the same time, and I think that that is a good enough solution until we know whenever MP will be in at release.
        Attached Files
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Hey, guys, arguing with Markos never leads to results .
          If I was asked, though, I'd vote for adding the MP forum, but I know Markos isn't going to listen to us .
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            people didnt have problem posting about MP so far...
            I disagree. For example, I didn't even know there were conversations about MP going on in General until I read this. I'm sure the response will be something like - "well you do now so everything is OK"

I havnt read the forums in Civ3. And if you asked me, I don't see the need for any forums about a game that hasn't been released. What can be discussed? Having said that, I will say I don't think a Civ3 MP forum is any less valid than any other Civ3 forum.

As far as I'm concerned the real question (which I asked earlier) still remains:

Why not have a Civ3 MP forum?

I don't know what it takes to run one of these so there may be some very valid reasons I don't understand (cost, time,technical issues, etc.). I just think if there are valid reasons they should be stated and everyone would feel alot better.

Comment

Markos,
              If you've looked at the threads below in Civ3 general, you've no doubt seen lots of flaming back and forth between MP and SP advocates. One could reasonably say that they were "MP" threads, but large areas of the discussion gets overwhelmed by the flaming, so MP advocates have a right to feel impacted if not exactly persecuted.

--Civ III, Don't Buy If SP only
              --Mike Breitkreutz, now you're here, can you please say something about MP ?

Maybe you want that kind of lively discourse and maybe you don't.

Comment

Who flamed?

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude
                  I havnt read the forums in Civ3. And if you asked me, I don't see the need for any forums about a game that hasn't been released. What can be discussed? Having said that, I will say I don't think a Civ3 MP forum is any less valid than any other Civ3 forum.

As far as I'm concerned the real question (which I asked earlier) still remains:

Why not have a Civ3 MP forum?
                  hold on. first you say that there is no need for a civ3-mp forum and then ask for one to be created?
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by johndmuller
                    If you've looked at the threads below in Civ3 general, you've no doubt seen lots of flaming back and forth between MP and SP advocates. One could reasonably say that they were "MP" threads, but large areas of the discussion gets overwhelmed by the flaming, so MP advocates have a right to feel impacted if not exactly persecuted.
                    if you felt that someone was flamed you should be reporting it to the admins. creating a new forum is not the sollution for such issues

Comment

What is the point in having a Civ3-MP forum. The purpose of the ones in the other gaming sections is to track PBEMs and stuff like that. I will get too confusing if the Civ3 section is chopped up to much and we have difficulty tracking down what we are looking for. Stay as it is, launch the MP section when the MP ready for Civ3 itself, next year.
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

PH,

Originally MP was about how to play MP. The transformation into a place to set up games was resisted by Markos. (He can get quite mule-headed about "what goes where".) He wanted to force the MPers to use GameLeague (now thankfully deceased) to set up their games.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                          Originally MP was about how to play MP. The transformation into a place to set up games was resisted by Markos. (He can get quite mule-headed about "what goes where".) He wanted to force the MPers to use GameLeague (now thankfully deceased) to set up their games.
                          and as you can see PH, i'm so mule-headed that noone uses the civ2-mp forum to set up games....

Comment

hold on. first you say that there is no need for a civ3-mp forum and then ask for one to be created?
                            Not quite. What I said was I didn't really see a need for ANY forums about civ 3 since the game hasn't been released. I also said an MP forum was as valid as any other civ 3 forum.

My point was there are a lot of forums out here. I generally read only 2 of them. So if u were to ask me I would say that there is only a need for civ 2 strategy and civ 2 MP. But my wants are not necessarily indicative of the entire civ communities wants. From what I am seeing there seems to be alot of people (and perhaps even more than show interest in certain existing forums) who have an interest for a civ 3 MP forum. Does everybody want one - no. Would everybody read or post in it - no. Does everybody think it is necessary - no. But that could be said about every forum here.

I repeat my question for the 3rd time. Why not have one? Is there some valid reason that those of us who don't run these things aren't aware of (i.e. cost, resources, manpower etc.). Most people here are very reasonable and I'm sure if a reasoable/valid answer was given, people would accept it. But to just say - "you don't need it" or "Post in general" or "This isn't a democracy" isn't an answer - its a diversion from the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude
                              I repeat my question for the 3rd time. Why not have one?
                              because people dont post on empty forums. and judging from the amount of mp threads in the civ3-general forums, that's what a civ3-mp forum would end up being right now. and then i would have GP complain about me keeping an empty forum alive

there will be a civ3-mp forum when there is actual info on mp that will create some discussion.
                              right now the only mp talk is whether or not there will be mp in civ3!

Comment

and as you can see PH, i'm so mule-headed that noone uses the civ2-mp forum to set up games....
                                Naah...you allowed it...but it took some special pleading from Ming. You were acting very clenched-jaw at first.

Comment

Working...
                                X