Please consider starting up Civ 3 MP forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please consider starting up Civ 3 MP forum

I understand that MP issues can be discussed in Civ 3 General forum at present. However, there are quite a lot of discussions now. Those who are not interested may find MPers frequently bumming threads not of their interest.

If a Civ 3 MP forum is set up, it will satisfy those who are mainly interested in game features of Civ 3. The MP folks will have to visit Civ 3 general for game features but they will also be pleased to have a dedicated place for the coming MP discussion.

For your consideration MarkG. You know that there are quite a few persons here interested in Civ 3 MP. It is you to determine whether it reaches critical mass yet.
    You really want to take me seriously?
    Think twice!

Maybe he know's something that we don't...

Comment

just adding myself to the not-yet-critical mass...
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

i dont see the need for a forum an a topic that we know nearly nothing about
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

we can speculate about it, after all there's a Big Huge Games forum and AFAIK they've not made any games

Comment

i'm sure the civ3-general is big enough for all the "civ3-mp speculations" threads

Comment

you're going to have to make one sooner or later and why clutter up the general forum with threads about mp? of course if there's not enough posters that want a separate mp forum then we don't need one yet. shall we wait and see how many want the forum before dismissing the idea?

Comment

There are matters other then this blunted spearpoint to attend to.
                (Like making a medium style )
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

The creation of a Civ3 MP forum is unnessacary at this point in time.
                  However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I dont particularly "want" one - but there are alot of forums here I don't particularly "want". (how about MOO 1/2 - 176 total posts) I guess the real questions is "why not" Does it cost money to add a forum? Is there some other reason?

Telling the people who want one to post in general is not a solution. General is not an appropriate place for MP topics. Anyone interested in MP would never look into general, thus insuring that there is no MP discussion.

I'm sure there is a good reason for not having an MP civ 3 forum and I anxiously await to hear it

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      i dont see the need for a forum an a topic that we know nearly nothing about

AHA!!!

Markos is trying to look good for Sid and others. He wants to minimize our whining and yelling.

Comment

I don't particularly want or need one, but if it would help clear out all the whining and arguing from the general forum, it'd be fine with me.

Comment

I'd like to support my Multiplaying bretheren in asking for a Civ3 MP forum.

Those SP people are bullies and they are jealous of our superior gameplaying abilities. They envy our skill and thus spam and attack any thread us MPers start in Civ3 general. We need a place of our own to raise our MP children in peace without fear of the repressive SPers attacking us.

Can't we all just get along?
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                            i'm sure the civ3-general is big enough for all the "civ3-mp speculations" threads
                            You could say the same of civilizations...

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude
                              Telling the people who want one to post in general is not a solution. General is not an appropriate place for MP topics. Anyone interested in MP would never look into general, thus insuring that there is no MP discussion.
                              people didnt have problem posting about MP so far...

Comment

Working...
                              X