New "Current World Events" section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "Current World Events" section?

In light of the numerous discussions on the current world situation, what about a new threads section called Current World Events or somesuch which could be inserted just before Off-Topic and everything pertaining to current world events could be shifted there. I think it's now important enough to consider.
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

What if you split the OT into
    1: Fun/Humor/Non-Debates (but no spam)
    2: Debates
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I think the format during this crisis worked just fine.

I don't think a separte format would be good, the OT is where many of us gather.

A news format might not be viewed by all, and vital things might be missed.

All I can really say is, the OT and the people there helped me greatly when I needed them, and I'll not soon forget it.
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I agree with Chris, whilst the News certianly filled theOT up, it was all interesting readig and deserved to be there where most people seem to go...
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

don't divide the OT. That way leads to death. A big happy community is best.*

*Except for shy people who need a small group. They can got to CivFanatics.

Comment

OT is already empty enough. This would cause the death of the two forums spawned from it.

Comment

Nah, the current setup is good.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                What if you split the OT into
                1: Fun/Humor/Non-Debates (but no spam)
                2: Debates
                But if there were no spam there would be no fun.
                (+1)

Comment

You will be allowed to spam the debate threads. For instance with posts that have a gasmaske image.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                    You will be allowed to spam the debate threads. For instance with posts that have a gasmaske image.
                    like this?
                    Attached Files
                    (+1)

Comment

Or this?

(I can't work out how to attache two images otherwise I would have done this in one post)
                      Attached Files
                      (+1)

Comment

No splitting up the OT, I just find it would ruin the flow of the whole thing. Stay as it is!
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Keep it as is - changing it would screw up my routine.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasmaske
                            Or this?

(I can't work out how to attache two images otherwise I would have done this in one post)
                            More like the first one. Or in-between. And of course no text, just gasmaske image.

Comment

I vote that you not split up the OT by adding a current events forum, but instead split it up by adding a history forum
                              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Working...
                              X