This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't say D!ck here!

I posted in another thread where I was quoting someone called D!ck. I looked at the post later to find that his name had been censored. This seams strange as I can post words like piss, **** and wanker which I would consider swear words but I can't post a guy's name. Is it possible to update the swear list to include the 'nastier' words rather than ones that can be used in an innocent way?
    'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Last edited by Lancer; September 14, 2001, 08:50.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Good point Lancer but I'm not sure it belongs in this thread...
      'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Good point SITS, but maybe I want to leave it in a thread unrelated that won't get shut down. Sorry for the thread jack...

Comment

SITS, related to your thread, there was an extensive discussion in various threads just after the election regarding **** Cheney's name being unmentionable. As you can see, the sillyness remains.

Comment

oh big deal, just substitute rich or richard instead of ****
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

'I've got a big Richard'

Hmm, doesn't seem to work...

Comment

tsk, tsk lance, that's the kind of usage that got it on the censored list in the first place
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Pity the minister for Racing and Gambling in the Australian state of New South Wales. His name: Richard Face
                  (no kidding)
                  'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                  - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

if it werent for the rule, could Case ever make this wonderfull joke?
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Mark stop Richarding about! Is it possible for you to change the banned word list to make it more sensible?

Below is a list of swear words just to see what is banned or not banned...

wank
                      bugger
                      knob
                      jerk
                      mother****er
                      damn
                      gosh
                      golly
                      ****er
                      ****ed
                      shag
                      shaged
                      tit
                      tits

Comment

Cunnilingus?
                        A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Right so I can say to someone:-

You are a little wanker. You have a little ***** and you are a knobhead that couldn't *** if you had the biggest tits in the world next to you as you probably prefer to be buggered than to shag a woman.

But I can't say **** Cheney? The world is a strange place!

Comment

Wash your mouth out Faboba!

Comment

Thank you for your help sits.
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X