Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agree on limiting new threads on the terrorist attack, however...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree on limiting new threads on the terrorist attack, however...

I think there should be some way to submit a new thread to a mod or admin and get the official OK to post it. If for instance, it was discovered that Iraq was behind the attack, this would be good enough reason to create a new thread for discussion. No other thread in the "six pages" of threads would cover that.

Perhaps a 'thread request thread' could be created? A topped thread in the OT where folks wanting to create a terrorist related thread in the OT can post the request?

In fact, why not? I'm making just such a request to start just such a thread. I'm applying for the OK to create a thread... 'Thread To Request Admin &/Or Moderator Permittion To Create A New Terrorism Related Thread'.

Thoughts?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Some might say we need a new forum on the incident to satisfy everything.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

The "no new threads" rule is way too premature. People are still steaming and fresh news is flying in all the time.

Can I suggest a review of this decision? I'll be happy to discuss the matter politely with anyone who has complained.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I agree it is too soon to start limiting threads. I haven't seen the reason to be a technical one so it seems to be an editorial choice. I think new threads should be allowed to be posted.

You've got a great site here, with people from all over the world who have many different things to say and I believe things should be done to encourage that community rather than reducing it.
        'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

I think it was time to start limiting threads. There were at least 100 created around this event, and there wasn't enough new info to justify such a large mess of crap.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

i think the decision was premature as well.

of course, i'm of the opinion that limiting the threads in anyway is wrong, but that's a different debate . .

but ESPECIALLY in this case.
            -connorkimbro
            "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

I'm not sure I would describe it as 'crap'. In fact I wouldn't insult the posters that way.

If someone needs to post a thread then that is good enough reason to have it. If that thread turns out to be 'crap' then close it by all means - and by crap I mean abusive or insulting. But to decide to simply close all new threads that relate to the terrorists is wrong.
              'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Working...
              X