No announcement yet.

why are my threads closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thus from now on I have to find creative ways to post my threads.
    More or less like:

"What do you guys think about the celebration of the birthday of president Bush ? Should it be a worldwide holiday ? Your opinion.

oh, and now we're on it already, the new facts found at the
    black boxes are really awesome, who might have thought that Sadam Hussein himself was one of the hijackers"

Pherhaps we should start to write in code so our evil moderators won't understand us............ and think we're just talking about cakes and stuff

anyway, the 'no new threads' rule is one like shooting with a cannon on a fly. Could've been done more subtle.

but again, it's a private site and bla bla bla bla bla.
    and that's right.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
      Closing duplicate threads is fair enough but I think there is a need for new threads on new issues. This is a major event, bigger than anything else I have ever experienced so it is going to whip up this much concern.
      I don't understand the decision either...the alternative is to go back to the old OT with discussions on favorite colors and whatnot when the most damaging terrorist event in the country's history has taken place. This issue has dominated Apolyton and rightfully so, to start a crackdown in less than 48 hours is way too extreme. but yeah, it is a private site. we'll see what's up when/if the restrictions are lifted, but closing memorials to firefighters and so on is a bit heartless.

Comment

ideally, allowances should be made for new threads that address new developments on a thread by thread basis. this would of course be a strain on the mods and admins. every time i thought i had something worthy of a new thread, i found an existing thread that was related to the issue.

y'all should just go look for the threads and stop bein' so lazy
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
        X