why are my threads closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why are my threads closed?

I have posted two threads to off-topic today. Both were quotes from the Jerusalem, but different quotes. I started these threads because i did not feel the material in them was quite appropriate to the existing threads.

I had more related material, but could not start a new thread (because of the 2 thread a day limit) and could not post it to these threads because they are closed.

This is timely information, it is published in the Jerusalem Post, a widely read, reliable international newspaper, it is material not widely available elsewhere, and it is highly relevant to the events of the last couple of days. What gives?

LOTM
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

read the announcement in the OT
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

actually i stuffed up and missed the notice too.. perhpas we need a thread where we can post links to news items.. then whenever we find any updates we can post it there ....
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Mark, i feel we cannot have enough threads on this.

Please reconsider.
        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I agree with the limit. If it isn't regulated, the forums will just be continuously flooded. So much information is coming in that Mark (and others) can't possibly keep up, even if it's relevant. You'll just have to post in existing threads.

Comment

I think as long as the flooded thread is the OT why can't we allow it?

It is easier to read a forum title than try to shift through a 100 comments to find out the latest information. I know that there is a lot of overlap but it is all I can think about right now. I had family near there, people like Chris have had their lives forever changed, and the pictures of people jumping from the windows will never be forgotten. Please reconsider.
            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

It's easier for you, but Mark, Dan, etc. still need to keep control of the forums. They simply can't keep up with that many threads.

Comment

Mark and Dan have every right to manage these forums as they see fit. I will attempt to fit my info onto existing threads, without disrupting said threads.

LOTM
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

In October 1939 the following editorial appeared in some newspapers.

"No more letters or submissions on global conflict, please."
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Europe was already at war in Oct 1939. Was this in American newspapers?
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Sorry. It was a sarcastic comment.
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

the fact that people created 2 more threads on this issue makes me believe the decision is correct

and if some of you read the announcement carefully, you would see that this is for 24 hours

let's give it a try, shall we?

Comment

and if you cant find a thread to post among the 200 around the issue, you can post here

Comment

Mark, I'm not too sure how the creation of threads on this issue relates to the creation of threads about the terrorists.
                            'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Closing duplicate threads is fair enough but I think there is a need for new threads on new issues. This is a major event, bigger than anything else I have ever experienced so it is going to whip up this much concern.
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X