Site traffic spike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site traffic spike

gee, i wonder what could of caused so many people to want to come discuss things here on apolyton?!?
    And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

the fact that we have no lives? or were you refering to thousands of Americans being killed by terrorsits?

Comment

Yesterday, this was one of the best places to get up to date information on what was happening, as all the news sites were jammed up, obviously

Comment

gee, i wonder what could of caused so many people to want to come discuss things here on apolyton?!?

Is there something wrong with people expressing their concerns and sympathies?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
          Is there something wrong with people expressing their concerns and sympathies?
          its called sarcasm most of the time...

Comment

I saw the sarcasm, but I am curious as to why bother posting the subject in that way. Use of sarcasm did not seem appropriate as an opening statement. Perhaps as a reply to the question, but not as an opening statement.

It came across to me as someone saying, "geez, it aint that big a deal".

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
              I saw the sarcasm, but I am curious as to why bother posting the subject in that way. Use of sarcasm did not seem appropriate as an opening statement. Perhaps as a reply to the question, but not as an opening statement.

It came across to me as someone saying, "geez, it aint that big a deal".
              It really wasn't, I assure you, I was kind of making fun of Dan for not acknowledging that in his news item, as if it were just because apolyton was just getting so much better and faster that more poeple just spontaneously decided to use it... (he was the one that posted the news item, correct?)
              And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

I am fully aware than intonations are not very easy to transfer in text. I thought it unlikely that you meant it like that, but thats the way it looked as written.

Comment

Well, lets see, I see a news update on CNN, post it and within a minute noticed 6 more threads on the same topic floating around.... Lot easier then getting into say http://www.cnn.com/
                  *grumbles about work*

Comment

Since the OT doesn't give post counts anymore, this would be a great way to give your PC a kick...

Turn an OT topic into a community topic.

Comment

Working...
                    X