Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORUMS UPGRADED (v2.0.3)

we have upgraded the forums to version 2.0.3 of vBulletin

the first phase of the upgrade took around 10 minutes, during which the forums had to be closed

in the second several edits must be made in the forum templates that control the layout and part of the functionality of the forums. if you see any problems, please post them here
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

the first change you might notice is that the "Currently Active Users" text on the front page is now clickable....

still, i dont know if we're going to keep it cause my first test on it took some time to load....

Comment

Okay, so what changes are there? A new announcement Icon and a better system for forum page counts were the first things I noticed....
      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcase
        Okay, so what changes are there?
        there are mainly small fixes, bugs, and admin-side improvements

for the first "user thing" that you can see right now see above

A new announcement Icon
        huh? announcements always had an icon
        and a better system for forum page counts were the first things I noticed....
        if you mean the page navigation in threads, yes, the links are more clear now

Comment

new feature

in
          - forum summary pages (only on default styles)
          - search results (all styles)
          - subcribed threads listings (only on default styles)

the number of replies links to a small pop-up window that show the people who have posted in the thread. the window contains a link that closes it sends you to the thread

this will not be fully functional on the light styles cause the reply count is linked to the last post in those styles...
          Last edited by MarkG; September 6, 2001, 07:06.

Comment

Both in threads and on large forums.

Oh, and I meant the icon is a different one- didn't it use to be a triangle before?

Comment

ok, the second phase of the upgrade is done as well

<B>
              List of changes for users:
              <LI> "Currently Active Users" on forum home page links to a page showing where each user is
              <LI> Ignored users are now shown in threads with a clickable place holder that will bring up their posts when clicked
              <LI> Improved navigation links for forum and thread pages
              <LI> In the forum summary pages and the subcribed threads listings (only on default styles) as well as the search results (all styles), the number of replies links to a small pop-up window that show the people who have posted in the thread. The window contains a link that closes it sends you to the thread. This is not fully functional on the light styles because the reply count is linked to the last post in those styles
              </b>

There are also many other small fixes or administration-side changes....

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                <LI> "Currently Active Users" on forum home page links to a page showing where each user is
                Great! I missed this feature... but unfortunately it's taking too much time to load... Is it working alright for everybody else?
                "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
                - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Originally posted by Fiera
                  Great! I missed this feature... but unfortunately it's taking too much time to load... Is it working alright for everybody else?
                  no, it's pretty slow due to the extreme number of queries it must make in order to "locate" everyone

i have limited it to show only the last 20 people and might take it off it loads up the server on peak hours

Comment

That color of the links at the pages has changed in Civ3 styles. They must be black (or a color that look good on the border)
                    Attached Files
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

It wqs quick and the site is still fast

Actually i get some script error message when I post, but pressing yes moves me forward so I don't care...
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                        no, it's pretty slow due to the extreme number of queries it must make in order to "locate" everyone

i have limited it to show only the last 20 people and might take it off it loads up the server on peak hours
                        I see. Thanks, Markos!
                        "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
                        - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

I just noticed that you have changed the maximum Poll options to 16. Was that with the upgrade, or did you do it before?

Comment

Do you know if there was a bug with sorting after rating before the upgrade?
                            (While selecting sort after rating from the beginning it sowed up as sorting after last post from the beginning, but now it sows up as sorting after rating from the beginning.)

(I will not know unless you put that limit of 5 votes back (Don't do it) or answers this.)

Comment

Small bug: Gramphos's personal "Color={linkcolor}" has turned into one of the background colours. Standard CtP2.

Comment

Working...
                              X