New FIRAXIS.COM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New FIRAXIS.COM

Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of groundbreaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

i thought "community" was about fan sites....
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Well you know what thought did

Quite handy, we have been able to extract more information about some of the civ3 units from their civ3 section, and it is looking very slick as well. I must say that firaxis stuff, especially civ3, have very fast servers. Even on this slow 56k modem it seems to move very slickly. Can't gamestats do the same
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well, I poked around a little, and the main Civ3 site (obviously) still has its Fansite links. I've also found some fansite links on their SMAC page. I couldn't find any on the Gettysburg!/Civil War collection pages, and I don't know that the SimGolf pages ever had any.

Comment

I don't see any forums here?!

Comment

Now if just Firaxis would tell us why they changed their LOGO.

Just curious...

Comment

Isn't that the original Firaxis logo?
              Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex 14
                Isn't that the original Firaxis logo?
                Nope.
                They had a different logo for SMAC and Gettysburg.
                Look at the Smac site for example here.
                In the top left corner you see the old logo.
                (I'll put it here as an attachment for you to see)

So why did FIRAXIS feel the need to change their logo?
                Attached Files

Comment

Slick site. And a nice time to change the look just before two big games come out.

Now the question becomes what kind of support will they provide for them? Which in the end is going to make or brake the games and the site.
                  About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                  X