Markos: suggestions to improve loading speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markos: suggestions to improve loading speed

Put the parts of CSS stylesheets that don't change into separate files. Same with JavaScipt (this reply form has a whole bunch). Once they are loaded by a browser they stay in the cache, thus reducing loading time.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

He can also remove the CSS that changes the appearance of the scrollbar, because all it does is set it to the default Win95 style, which just looks awful in WinXP and doesn't do anything else for the Win9x/2K/Linux.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

He says that he can't do that because of that the style variables won't process in that file.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

thanks for the suggestions

it's not a matter of the page size nut of the server configuration....
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          He can also remove the CSS that changes the appearance of the scrollbar, because all it does is set it to the default Win95 style, which just looks awful in WinXP and doesn't do anything else for the Win9x/2K/Linux.
          I wouldn't say it looks awful in XP. But I would say it is pretty useless and unneeded.
          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            thanks for the suggestions

it's not a matter of the page size nut of the server configuration....
            Surely? It seems to me that page size does affect loading speed.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
              Surely? It seems to me that page size does affect loading speed.
              of course it does

but the slow-down on monday had nothing to do with the size of the pages
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
              X