Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Warning

I got this warning at the top of Civ 3 - General forum
    [color={qcolor}]Warning: Unable to fork [/usr/games/fortune] in /home/civilization-gamestats-com/Web/forums/global.php on line 240[/color]

What does it mean. Everything but the Adds loaded normally.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

They're trying to make php run the 'fortune' game on the server, but somebody made a booboo.

We're going to get quotations now!
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No need to worry Mark: Now I got both the Adds and the warning.

Comment

I'm getting a lot of warning on the top of the forums. Even some ads are missing.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

fixed
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I'm still getting an Internal Server Error message in the second banner ad space.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
              I'm still getting an Internal Server Error message in the second banner ad space.
              So do I.
              "The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

Comment

that was unrelated to the first problem

there seemed to be a problem with cgi scripts, but it also seems now that it's gone...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  that was unrelated to the first problem

there seemed to be a problem with cgi scripts, but it also seems now that it's gone...
                  No, I still have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                    No, I still have it.
                    My misstake, it was a cashed page

Comment

I saw another warning while waiting to be taken to my post, that I made in the Civ3-General Forum. Unfortunately IE didn't allow me to back and read it.

If I get it while posting this I'll stop, copy it and edit this message to contain it. Otherwise: never mind.

Edit: No Warning for this post.

Comment

it comes and goes....

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                          it comes and goes....
                          I got it again, and I think it comes from when you respond to a thread, which someone has subscribed to. (As it says something about mail.)

[color={qcolor}]Warning: Could not execute mail delivery program in /home/civilization-gamestats-com/Web/forums/newreply.php on line 199[/COLOR]

Comment

Warning: Could not execute mail delivery program in /home/civilization-gamestats-com/Web/forums/newreply.php on line 199

Same thing for me, although it doesn't appear to be causing any problems.

I also have this in the top right corner, under another add:
                            Internal Server Error
                            The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
                            Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@worldchat.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.12 Server at www.apolyton.net Port 80
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Well lets face it, this thing has been running like Mother Teresa on Valium. I hope it is running a bit better tomorrow...
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X