Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is ther no Colonization coverage in Apolyton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Crunch
    I was looking into the DLLs of Colonization for Windows to find a way to specify the villages

That reminds me, have you had the Arawak declaring themsleves the Tobacconist shop people?

What kind of weird bug is that?!?!?!

No, I haven't but it sounds as if some strings are moved around.

Over at Civfanatics I found someone that have modified the savegame files to play hotseat. I wonder if there is a way to create a MP-patch for the game. Have someone tried that?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I've just finished the export function, and can now export the map into BMP-files. The attached image is an example of amer2.mp converted into a GIF.
      I'll wait until I have made an import function before I publish the next patch.
      Attached Files

Comment

Gramphos, you should get a website of your own and put this stuff on it. Assuming you have the time; I can certainly see you have the commitement.

I presume you don't currently have one, as your profile doesn't show one.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
          Gramphos, you should get a website of your own and put this stuff on it. Assuming you have the time; I can certainly see you have the commitement.

I presume you don't currently have one, as your profile doesn't show one.
          Actually, I have a website in Swedish, but I haven't taken the time to create an English one. Also because I can't keep the same things right over it. But I'll think about it. I've now finished the import function and resized the America map to the biggest possible with the same ratio. I attach the map, and as soon as I've complied the editor I'll make a new patch. (I guess that it is time to update the installer soon.)
          Attached Files

Comment

The file is complied and finished.

You will not need the second patch to use this version. It is just the main-exe that is replaced. You can use this with patch1.

To the next upgrade I'll probably make both a ZIP and a new installer.

If you want any features added please notify me.

If nothing is said I'll work with an ability to edit the DLL of Colonization for Windows that contains the indian villages. I have Colonization for Windows version pi, and I don't know if there is any difference from earlier versions, but as I don't know the DLL-fileformat I have to use fixed addresses.
            Attached Files

Comment

Just for Provost I've made a special version with included error trapper. Any error message that is received should be posted here. (the number is enough)

Note. This is the same version as the one before, except from some error handling that should help out finding bugs. It also contains the textfile again.
              Attached Files

Comment

OK, got it and patched.

Reported:

Error: 53

File Not Found: C:\PROGRAM FILES\COLMAP\village.gif

There you go! I need a piccie
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  OK, got it and patched.

Reported:

Error: 53

File Not Found: C:\PROGRAM FILES\COLMAP\village.gif

There you go! I need a piccie
                  That image should be in the first patch. Abnyway, I attach it together with the other immage from the first patch. (I guess that you didn't get it)
                  Attached Files

Comment

OK, I dunno where those two images went missing, I will try again!
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Cool, works no problem now.

I have a suggestion

Try and make it so you can distinguish on the map one tribe from another straight from the map, either with a little letter over it, or a colour or something like that...
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                        Cool, works no problem now.

I have a suggestion

Try and make it so you can distinguish on the map one tribe from another straight from the map, either with a little letter over it, or a color or something like that...
                        I tried to modify the pallet to change one color of the image, but VB didn't allow me to do it. I could place a char or something, but that would be hard to know what it was anyway. If you feel like it you can create one separate gif for each tribe. And modify colmap.txt to user other images then village.gif.
                        I'll look into it more, but I was to lazy last time I did it. Maybe should convert it into C++.

One thing I have to add: The forest placed village of each tribe will be the capital.

And you get two files when saving. If you want to load the Amer2.mp you have to copy tribes.txt into Amer2.mpp for ColMap to identify the villages.

Try out my big America map posted before.

Comment

New patch!

(Yes, I prommised an updated installer as well, nut it has to wait until I'm sure that the new feature works)

PH, as you requested I've added a mark to tell you what tribe each village is. Just download patch4 and try it out.
                          Attached Files

Comment

If you find your downloads have risen, I'm the culprit. Having rediscovered Colonization I'm looking forward to finding out what your innovations are. Will report back.

Comment

I'm having trouble downloading your file: http://thor.prohosting.com/~borgsmo/colmap.exe

Any chance of checking on its currency?

Comment

Originally posted by tonic
                                I'm having trouble downloading your file: http://thor.prohosting.com/~borgsmo/colmap.exe

Any chance of checking on its currency?
                                You have to click on the link again after you get there.

Comment

Working...
                                X