Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is ther no Colonization coverage in Apolyton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've mannaged to play on som maps totally generated with my editor today. I've also found out that the maximum mapsize (Width*Height) is 12000 tiles. Each dimension can be very big (if the other is small, but I don't recomend that.)
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I forgot to say that this size will allow a 69% bigger America map then the one included. (Keeping the same ratio.) (the default size it 58x72, playable 56x70)

Comment

I have a running beta version now. You may get it at http://thor.prohosting.com/~borgsmo/colmap.exe (1.52 MB). I may remove that file any time, so hurry up. Until I have a next big changes version I'll stick to upgrades that I think will be small enough to attach to the forum.
        Oh, if you decide to try it out and finds out some bugs please report them to me. (I don’t care whether you use PM or post here, but I suggest that you use PMs if you don’t want to discuss the problem with other users (if any ). Also I’ll not respond to PMs unless I find a certain reason, but I’ll respond here and report the progress)

Comment

Planned changes for the next upgrade:

Now I've used my editor for a while, and investigated the ability to add more features, and in the next upgrade I'll have an ability to place indian villages. I'll also try to add a function to save the map as a bitmap (not one that you can see as the map looks, but one that you can resize in a picture editor and import back into the game.)

Let's get some scenarios done then
          With Scenarios Mark can't deny the game its own section ... wait, he's the admin, he can deny it.

Comment

Excellent, I will have a play with your col map editor tomorrow when I get home, although I don't have time now as I am off to bed. But a big

With stuff like this, how can we fail to get our own section?

Erm, quite easily actually
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
              With stuff like this, how can we fail to get our own section?

Erm, quite easily actually
              but we actually are 171 ppm of the community that actively discuss Colonization in this thread

Comment

I've added support for specifying the Indian villages now. Still no sign of the BMP thing, (as I haven't had time to look after my old QBasic program that could load a BMP (for the file format) :rolleyes) That will have to wait until a later update.
                Now you have everything you need to create a scenario. (I do too)
                I've been working to mush with the editor to create something right now.

Just download the attached zip-file and extract it in the folder ColMap is installed replacing old files.
                Attached Files

Comment

Well I am downloading all the various stuff now, I will have a good play around with it and make some maps. I had a play with the original colonization map editor but it seemed very basic (that or I didn't know where everything was). So I will have a play with yours and see what it is capable of...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Have you made any cool map yet that you want to share with me?

Comment

I've fixed some minor bugs.

Note this file require both the old files (last patch and the original installation file)

Edit: This patch is no longer needed get <A HREF="http://apolyton.net/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=548630">patch3</A> instead
                      Last edited by Gramphos; October 21, 2001, 14:41.

Comment

I will have a go with the new one. I have had a play with it, very good, but haven't really made any maps as such, just played with the world map to see how everything works
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Good to see that someone have downloaded them.

The bugs I fixed were.
                          1. If a read-only file were opened you had to close the app to be able to edit any file
                          2. Indian Villages can no longer be placed on water

A note on Colonization for Windows:
                          The map Amer2.mp is the America map, and it may be replaced, but the village locations will not change. Also some errors might occur, and I’ll look into it more later. One ability is to make a map and start it in colonization for DOS and save directly (You could ask someone that has the DOS version to start up a game with certain settings and save it for you).
                          I’ll see if I can look into the savegame format to allow construction of savegame files (that can be used as scenarios).
                          (It is the same format for DOS and Windows).

If anyone have looked into the format I would appreciate a list of what have been found out.

Comment

I was looking into the DLLs of Colonization for Windows to find a way to specify the villages in that version when I found this.

@width=250
                            Ok, Ok, Ok, Ok, {this is going to test Brian's stupid popup code so I can debug it} and get it over with.
                            It is obvious that the one that wrote this didn't like Brian.

Comment

Any one of you that have played colonization ever seen any of those strings within the game? They are in Game.txt as well as in the DLL.
                              @COUNTRIES
                              the Holy Roman Empire
                              the Portuguese
                              the Ottoman Turks
                              the Barbary Pirates
                              Russia
                              Prussia
                              Sweden
                              Denmark
                              Also; anyone that have played Colonization for Windows:
                              Have you ever got this question?
                              @width=240
                              Exit to DOS?( Ha Ha )

Yes
                              No

Comment

I was looking into the DLLs of Colonization for Windows to find a way to specify the villages

That reminds me, have you had the Arawak declaring themsleves the Tobacconist shop people?

What kind of weird bug is that?!?!?!
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X